Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress - Expansion Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
TopWare sent us news of an expansion to Two Worlds II due in September, titled Pirates of the Flying Fortress. They've joined Risen 2 with a pirate theme, though the flying fortress is different. Here's the press release:
Two Worlds II: Expansion Pack captures retail shelves
+++ „Pirates of the Flying Fortress“ Expansion Pack will arrive September 2011 +++
Las Vegas, April 15th 2011 – The RPG-spectacle continues! With "Pirates of The Flying Fortress", the creators of "Two Worlds II" clear the way for the highly anticipated upgrade for the role playing hit. More than 2.5 million games sold worldwide, numerous awards and a huge fan community are powerful arguments for yet another exciting trip to Antaloor, abducting you this time into the gloomy pirate world! The story plunges the player headlong into an adventure that is more than astonishing! The good old "Two Worlds" atmosphere waits, which is yet quite different this time around. Exotic flair, new enemies, new settings and new weapons - all fans are in for a shocking surprise!
The developers have also once again taken player feedback to heart, massively adding more in terms of game play: In addition to thunder and rain storms, gamers can look forward to dozens of new weapons, impact-oriented horse armor, totally new breeds, fresh boss opponents as well as brand spanking new animations in the cut-scene and in-game dialogs!
"Pirates of the Flying Fortress" will launch in Antaloor as a multi-platform title in September 2011! The extensive single player history as well as several brand new multiplayer maps will then be launched.
More information.

Cool ... now if they could only release the actual game in the US ...

They did…digitally [on the PC]…

Steam, D2D, and Gamersgate sell TW2 PC.

He means a pc boxed copy some of us still like buying boxes you know. The only way to buy a boxed copy is to import it or buy from a us seller who sells the imported version. I'm surprised it sold 2.5 million with the terrible release it had. As for me I have no problem buying digital but I will never use steam.

Last edited:
Better get used to more and more titles being released as digital only in the US as the years go by, especially being that there are so few brick n' mortar stores that care about PC anymore. So many think that PC gaming is dying, but its still just as strong and popular as consoles with damn near an equal release list of titles each year.

Plus we have DX11 and if you have a beefy enough PC, the new Unreal Engine 3 and accompanying games will be coming soon. All the while consoles are still using a dumbed down DX9 engine...rofl!

Well, I guess you could buy a boxed version if you HATE THE PLANET, but I sure wouldn't! ;)

So is this expansion really an expansion? You know, 20+ hours of gameplay and everything? Or is this just another 10 hour DLC that's being called an expansion?

Cool … now if they could only release the actual game in the US …

Have you been in Best Buy or GameStop lateley? They don't even bother to keep the shelves nicely arranged anymore. All the PC games are just tossed in the area as a second thought. The last (non casual) game I purchased from a brick and mortar was the first Div Div 2.

All my recent purchases are either online or digital.

But back to 2Worlds2. I am just about to fight the last boss, but have held off for the last week. I had to find out if I was going to be able to still explore the land after the battle (Yes). I will fight the final fight tonight. It's been a fun game and I will definitly check out the expansion.

There's no boxed version in the US? That's news to me since I own it and got it from Amazon. Actually, you can get the Royal Edition now from Topware either directly or via Amazon for $49.99, which is a really good deal considering how much extras are included in it.

Last edited:
They did…digitally [on the PC]…

Steam, D2D, and Gamersgate sell TW2 PC.

He means a pc boxed copy some of us still like buying boxes you know. .

No - I only do digital. I just missed this - was supposed to get a review copy, then the delay, and was so busy with Avadon betas and other stuff that it slipped through the cracks ... heck, I got an email that the Mac version is out as well ...

There's no boxed version in the US? That's news to me since I own it and got it from Amazon. Actually, you get get the Royal Edition now from Topware either directly or via Amazon for $49.99, which is a really good deal considering how much extras are included in it.

And that copy is the English international box sold from topware and not there us publishing partner. And for all that say digital is were its at it wont happen anytime soon.

You better wait 5 or more years. Not counting all the capped downloads on broadband in the us. I mean it comcast and others advertise as unlimited but cap you at 200-250 gigs a month. They changed there policy's a few years back. One reason why I wont use onlive.

Also I mean it when I say I will never use steam and there software. I will use there competitors that dont require me to use there drm software just a code to unlock the game.

Last edited:
Yes, I got the Royal Edition off amazon from Topware and it's the UK edition. That doesn't bother me… if it had a real US version I would want that, but a UK edition is fine when America doesn't get a box. I have imported a lot of games from Zavvi and Game that did not get a US boxed release.

As for the news story I'm excited. I stopped playing Two Worlds 2 at the end of the Asian themed part, but I plan to finish it before The Witcher 2 comes out.

So um...is pirates the new rage in europe? Did you guys just get pirates of the caribean over there or somethin?

He means a pc boxed copy some of us still like buying boxes you know. The only way to buy a boxed copy is to import it or buy from a us seller who sells the imported version. I'm surprised it sold 2.5 million with the terrible release it had. As for me I have no problem buying digital but I will never use steam.

I actually imported 2W2 PC [European] Retail Box from Gogamer, a while back.
It has a PEGI rating on it. ;)

I go where the better sale prices go - whether digital or retail.

I got well over 44 hours sunk into this game - and still going.
MAJOR improvement over the original.

I actually imported 2W2 PC [European] Retail Box from Gogamer, a while back.
It has a PEGI rating on it. ;).

Does that version have a manual? I was annoyed my Royal Edition had no manual, just a map.

Back
Top Bottom