Fallout 3 - Previews #2

a 20 hour game is not worth the money. ditto on the exaggerated playtime comment. I haven't seen a company that didn't do this. I don't replay games and I dislike sidequests that take me off my focus. Perfect example of a disaster was IWD:HoW. I think I speak for a silent majority of players who don't make commetns at all. If they give us a 20 hour game it will just choke. Some of you say that's a good thing now but wait until you fire up the game.

I with ya, man.

I mean replayability is nice and fine. But I play my character as I would do, so practically, I dont replay. I dont play evil. Period. And any replay I have seen was just 10% different from the first run, so I barely finished any replay. So you cant really seriously take replays into account.

Just check all reviews in the last years; every MMO with 20 hours was rated quite low. A vast majority of RPG players just want a BIG world to explore. Its just how it is.

Well, I hope it stays the way they announce it. I have no problem with people not buying the game :)

Please remember that the main quest is about 20-25 hours and the sidequests are about 20-25 hours. And if you do everything, and I do mean everything, in the game, you can probably squeeze about 5-10 hours more out of the game...

As for how Fallout 3 shapes up, I think it looks rather promising....

I fall into the 20hour fan club too. Larger isn't better, if i can get focus during gameplay i will probably like it more.

I am one of those who almost never is able to keep it inside the developers number. Don't know what i am doing wrong. I suck at gaming, or enjoy it too much. :)

How much game time did you all get from System Shock? System Shock 2. Atleast System shock was clocking the game time. But it never felt as short as it become. But nevertheless, gametime was well below 20hours. Not my realtime.

More focus, more fun, and me is happy.

If you want to do everything in this game it would be more like bettween 240 to 480 hours or more since it looks like there will be 12+ endings and all quests will have multiple branches that you can take so you would have to play through a lot of times with various charecters to get everything out of the game.

Personally, I will be amazed if they don't follow the standard Biowarian convergeance 10 minutes from the end of the game where you pick the ending you want to play from a dialog menu, completely invalidating all choices made previously during the game.

That concession to the perceived "casual gamer" crowd is becoming much too entrenched in game design.

My personal all-time favourite is Baldur's Gate 2, which is more of a 100 hour game than 20. Of course, 20 hours will quickly add up with high enough replayvalue(for example in PS:T), but so far Bethesda hasn't made any flexible main quests that can be played over and over. If they manage to pull it off, for once, the whole 20-hour-thing can turn out great, otherwise you just end up with a very short game.

Oh I like the concept of a ~30h game. If the game has a good story and is bug free I might even buy it although it is from Bethesda (I do have quite a problem with that studio ever since they published Oblivion).

Back
Top Bottom