Skyrim - The Races and Faces

I do like how the Dunmer faces seem to draw a lot of influence from Morrowind concept art and lore compared to how Oblivion did them.

I think they look like something that's going to have a rough time on cold mountain peaks. ;)

I wasn't really impressed with the faces. Then I noticed that IE had shrunk the pictures down on me. Clicked on them to see at full size. OH MY!!! This is gonna be fun!

Those high elves look spectacular! Finally a design that does them justice. And best races look really beasty instead of men with beast masks on. AARRRR!!! I may even start a khajit character. :)

Wow! These are from the xbox, right? I think it's safe to say that Bethesda improved on the faces! It would be nice to start seeing PC screen shots now. Skyrim is going to be an amazing game!!!

I think I'll try my hand at recreating some Erikson characters (at least Mappo, Icarium and Karsa), as the presets are over half way there already.

Still not impressed. They have improved greatly since Oblivion, but still far behind titles like DA:O and DA2. DA2 had it's flaws, but it's face designer is light years ahead of Skyrim.

Ahh. Black metal dunmer. And Madonna as a (male) high elf (5,2).

Yay!

Says pibbur, who for obvious reasons will play a cat and name him "Sequel".

I still don't believe it that I must give in my birthday date in order to be able to access this blog …

the argonian males look awsome, khajiit too.
i also like the models for orc, but i prefer the green skin tone instead of this browns.
in fact, this brown skin tones is something that bugs me to all the races - even the dark elves have some brown hues on their skin.
another thing that that i don't like is the quality of textures: maybe it's just me, but the faces look like plastic, or like modeled from clay.
overall i see great improvement compared to oblivion; and with a little bit of "love" from the modders the skyrim models will be epic ;)

I still don't believe it that I must give in my birthday date in order to be able to access this blog …

I selected 1884 as the year I was born and I got locked out from the site!!!

Anyway I had to clear cookies and select a sensible date to get in :)

Still not impressed. They have improved greatly since Oblivion, but still far behind titles like DA:O and DA2. DA2 had it's flaws, but it's face designer is light years ahead of Skyrim.

I don't doubt that DA2 had better faces.. that game probably didn't have 1/10 the amount of content that Skyrim is going to contain. A better comparison would be another large open-world title.

I admit I don't like DA2 - but I don't think the faces were particularly good. For Hawke - perhaps, but most NPCs were kinda bland and lacking in personality.

Skyrim looks quite a bit better in this regard, based on those screenshots.

DA is definetly not a game with good faces imo, makes me think of The Sims or maybe Fable, and that's not a good thing.

Some of the faces in Skyrim looks great, but the presets are quite disapointing imo, at least the human ones (especially the women), not that i care since i prefer doing my own anyways.

I selected 1884 as the year I was born and I got locked out from the site!!!

Anyway I had to clear cookies and select a sensible date to get in :)

It's an outrage against us 200-year olds! ;)

Hmmm, I like some of the faces, but overall i had hoped for a bit more variety - most of these share the same scowling, haggard look. I hope we will see more variety in the NPC's, and a good facial expression system.
I also thing they went a bit overboard with the tattoos, scars, and blind eyes. However the Beards are awesome. I'll so play a ZZ-top like Nord... ;) . But yes, nitpicking aside, overall much better than Oblivion!

Certainly a huge improvement over the doughy undefined Oblivion faces! A minor issue I see is that they all look kinda old and weathered. While this is fitting for some character concepts, hopefully there are options to dial down the age lines for younger characters. Having plenty of options is always good. Mods will fix that in any case.

I might be playing a grungy battle-scarred Nord first - and they definitely have this covered!

Back
Top Bottom