Wasteland 2 - Post-Funding Update #38

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile entertainment has a new post funding-update for Wasteland 2 with news about the original Wasteland going gold, the Beta, a new song, and much more.

Almost there, Almost there…

Chris here to announce that our re-release of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic has gone Gold and has been submitted to GOG.com and Steam for platform approval. If somehow you’re unfamiliar with Wasteland: this critically acclaimed post-apocalyptic role-playing game was first published in 1988, and broke new ground as one of the first cRPGs to have an open, reactive world with persistent consequences to your actions.

The year is 2087, eighty nine years after an all-out nuclear war transformed the Earth into a hellish landscape where survival is a daily struggle against thirst, hunger, radiation, raiders and mutants. You take control of a band of Rangers, sent out to investigate a series of disturbances in The Wasteland and soon uncover a vast threat to all that remains of mankind.

Beta

The Early Beta is not quite ready yet, but we are almost there. We’ve received countless messages from backers telling us not to release the game until it’s ready. Even though it’s an early beta, we feel the experience has to be at a base level of satisfaction to us before we release it. There will still be plenty of time for you to give input and help us craft the game once the early beta is released. We are focused on getting it to a state where we can give you a meaningful impression of the game and allow you to give useful feedback. We’re working hard to get it there, but it does need a bit more love, and we’d rather get it right than rush it to you. As the beta progresses, we’re also testing distribution mechanisms with an external set of users via Steam, all in preparation to get the first playable in your hands.
More information.

Completely Off topic:

Damn, that Raindrop looks exactly like I was dreaming Stalker 2 would look :'(
Excuse me while I go cry in a corner…. :tears:

P.S Also Damn, that stasis looks pretty impressive. I need to check that alpha out when I get home…

Completely Off topic:

Damn, that Raindrop looks exactly like I was dreaming Stalker 2 would look :'(
Excuse me while I go cry in a corner…. :tears:

P.S Also Damn, that stasis looks pretty impressive. I need to check that alpha out when I get home…

It looks indeed impressive.

I am glad to hear that wasteland 2 will be tested to a big extend.

So the enhanced wasteland 1 might be available in a few days? Awesome!

I always liked the C64 version best, but since the pc version is being enhanced I am excited to play it!!

As we talked about before, we have enhanced the re-release, first and foremost ensuring the game will run on modern machines and higher resolutions. Furthermore, the game has been expanded to offer a music track from Wasteland 2 composer Mark Morgan, integrated texts from the paragraph book and manual, and additional save game functionality. It also offers many optional overhauls such as uprezzed portraits, paragraph voice-over and a choice of playing the game upscaled, smoothed or in the original resolution.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to giving the original game a try.

Regarding the enhanced visuals, does anyone know what they mean exactly by having a choice between "smoothed" and "upscaled"? I assume upscaled means they're simply converting the same image to higher resolution. I'm guessing smoothed is some form of 2D anti-aliasing?

The backers keys for both Steam and GOG versions of Wasteland are available at the Ranger's Centre now.

The backers keys for both Steam and GOG versions of Wasteland are available at the Ranger's Centre now.

Thanks for the heads up. Brutal death penalty: It kicks you straight out of the game. :p

I want to try Wastelands 1 again. My first time was soooo many years ago (think before I moved to US, so at least 17 years ago, probably around 1993-1995). I remember I got pretty far, but at some point my party just couldn't tackle the enemies. Something like my party focusing on some types of weapons, and such weapons being useless against the new enemies.

Speaking of Wasteland 1……just got a key for it. Pew pew old style, weeeeee!!!! Got a key for steam and gog so everyone should be happy.

yes, thanks for mentioning it. I didn't see an email but when you mentioned it I remembered they said it would be in my 'Ranger center' account. Logged in and there it is! Now to create my old school party woohoo!

I pledged today as a late backer. Better late than never I suppose. :)

How do I get my key for Wasteland 1? Do I have to register with Ranger Center?

Btw: Here's the Wasteland 1 page at GOG if anyone was curious.

Last edited:
You have to register with your Kickstarter/Paypal email account first.

Wow, I was expecting M&M 3 old school, not Ultima 2 old school. Funny how I totally forgot how the game looked when I played it.

You have to register with your Kickstarter/Paypal email account first.

Yes. They give you the option to associate other emails with the account setting it up so if you use separate ks and paypal or something you can link them for funds. I made the mistake of using my primary email with kickstarter and so now it keeps showing up with all of these kickstarters.

Wow, I was expecting M&M 3 old school, not Ultima 2 old school. Funny how I totally forgot how the game looked when I played it.

Yep. The mind fills in so many holes when its basically just text. This was like the third RPG I ever and I played it back in about 1988 or so and it was wonderful. Not sure I want to play it again even with updated graphics as it will taint my rose colored glasses.

Back
Top Bottom