Pricewatch!

Play.com has Sacred 2 PC UK for only 9.99 GBP. Including free shipping to most European countries.

Gogamer.com is offering STALKER:Clear Sky for $19.90 over the next 4 days.

They also have Fallout Collection for only $12.90 during that time.

only game i ever bought from gamersgate is daywatch. took about a year too for them to lower it to 19.99 which is about the most i'd pay for any downloadable game.

only game i ever bought from gamersgate is daywatch. took about a year too for them to lower it to 19.99 which is about the most i'd pay for any downloadable game.

I really liked the Night Watch game in spite of all the flaws ... but Day Watch was sort of a mess. Did they make any others?

nightwatch was better in most regards, but daywatch had some things going for it to. the "hub" element was a cool idea but it was fairly superficial in that there wasn't much to do besides talk to the characters to switch parties. though it was interesting that certain npcs would only join you alone, or not at all if a certain "class" was already with you. there were some other elements worth noting but i forget them though the most memorable for me was the eiffel tower level.

nival interactive doesn't even acknowledge they made the games on their site, in addition the third movie (based on the book) hasn't even come out yet last time i checked and its suppose to take place in america with completely different characters. the movies are excellent to me, so i'd be all over another movie/game even if it continues the trend of being less than its predecessor.

I love the use of the Silent Storm engine and find the combat works so much better than in something like Hammer & Sickle. Too bad you are constantly diving into the murky depths ...

I noticed last week that Radio Shack had one of those laptop fans for $15. A bargained since most places charge double for them.

i think i hate radioshack more than jdr hates bestbuy. i've only gone in like twice in the past decade and both times they hounded me about wireless plans/phones etc.
did anyone here ever own a tandy computer? i sure as hell didn't. egghead was a great store though back in the day...and now we have newegg

The German PC Games with the article about the new TDE game seems to have the game Deus Ex 2 on the DVD-version.

Massive PC game sale at GoGamer this weekend - check it out here:

Includes Silverfall for $2

That's a great price for Dungeon Siege--if anybody is planning on playing the Ultima Six Archon project Corwin has talked about, I think you'll need to have DS installed, and this is your chance to pick it up for $3.

I know - I only have my Mac version at this point after loaning out my PC copy before we left Massachusetts and never seeing it again ... time to pick up another ...

Anyone here ever play Stonekeep? I've heard a few people say it was decent, although most reviews summed it up as very mediocre.

Anyone here ever play Stonekeep? I've heard a few people say it was decent, although most reviews summed it up as very mediocre.

I bought it on the mega-sale a while ago but haven't even touched it yet ...

I did back in the day when it was first released. It was one of the (or the?) first games to feature that type of combat where you control the swings of the sword directly with your mouse. Let's just say that I found out very quickly that this style of combat was not exactly my cup of tea at all ;) .
Don't remember much else except that the (IMHO) sucky combat was pretty frequent to make it even more annoying. You had to fight your way through armies of skeletons as you moved down one rather typical old school RPG dungeon level (i.e. narrow hallways with rooms to each side) after another. It was very repetitive as far as I can remember and if there was a plot it must've been completely forgettable as I can't even remember the general setting or anything.

Massive liquidation sale starts at Circuit City today.

According to their website the One Price Guarantee and the Low Price Guarantee (which they claim to have invented) is no longer effect as it is up to the liquidator to set any prices. Anyone who shopped there over Christmas and found themselves scratching their head over their 60 day LPG can now realize how legit that was.

However, the 14 day return policy is still in effect and I plan to take advantage of that for the router I bought the other day.

I did back in the day when it was first released. It was one of the (or the?) first games to feature that type of combat where you control the swings of the sword directly with your mouse. Let's just say that I found out very quickly that this style of combat was not exactly my cup of tea at all ;) .
Don't remember much else except that the (IMHO) sucky combat was pretty frequent to make it even more annoying. You had to fight your way through armies of skeletons as you moved down one rather typical old school RPG dungeon level (i.e. narrow hallways with rooms to each side) after another. It was very repetitive as far as I can remember and if there was a plot it must've been completely forgettable as I can't even remember the general setting or anything.

DOH! :uhoh: I just realized I posted that in the wrong thread. It was supposed to be in the "Good Old Games - RPG Weekend" thread. Oh well, thanks for the reply. I looked up a video of it on YouTube, and sure enough it looked exactly as you describe.

Massive liquidation sale starts at Circuit City today.

The prices aren't good so far ... but the stock is very full. As with CompUSA, you have to wait for the deals, but by then folks will have bought up good stuff at ~10% off.

Back
Top Bottom