Borderlands Queasiness

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
For whatever reason Borderlands keeps making me feel ill. How is that possible? Q4, Painkiller, Serious Sam, Prey etc. no nausea at all but Borderlands does. Its the ubiquitous Unreal 3 engine and I just finished ME2 which is that engine.

Anyway I can't play a game on Bromine. I bought the game at release and had the same issue. After my recent run of all FPS I figured this would not be an issue. Anyone else have this issue?

I think it's the FoV. I get the exact same problem, yet I could play Mirror's Edge (Same engine, faster gameplay at times) with no side-effects beyond ballsing up my sense of balance the next day as I'd done it in one six-hour sitting.

Borderlands is the only one to do it for me.

Thanks I thought I was crazy! I'm about to fire it up again, but I do so reluctantly... I also noticed the game has a v-synch issue but I don't know if that is contributing.

If it is FOV try sitting at various distance and see if that helps.

It's a pretty well known problem. Put FOV fix for Borderlands in your browser and you will find a multitude of fixes-I think it bugged a lot of people

Well I forced v-synch and anti aliasing in the control panel. The vsynch took but the AA did nothing. However the queasiness went away, so who knows. Played till 3AM and now I'm at level 16. Interesting game. The could have made Cowboy Beebop the RPG out of this thing will a bit more effort around plot and NPCs. Certainly the weapons feel fantastic. I love all the "critical" messages and stuff. A bit of missed potential here if you ask me but its certainly fun...

I don't think Borderlands supports AA at all. I remember trying every trick I could think of to force it, but to no avail.

Didn't end up playing it very long anyways, I was disappointed with a lot of aspects, especially the loot, which was very poorly handled imo. The goofy humor didn't do much for me either.

I don't think Borderlands supports AA at all. I remember trying every trick I could think of to force it, but to no avail.

Didn't end up playing it very long anyways, I was disappointed with a lot of aspects, especially the loot, which was very poorly handled imo. The goofy humor didn't do much for me either.

Its a shooter really, but there are certainly RPG elements. I've been playing it quite a bit and its a blast. I do think they (maybe) borrowed from the Cowboy Beebop universe with the humor and style, kind of has an anime feel to it. Cell shading adds to that.

The weapons are really impressive and they feel great. They all have different attributes sort of like Mass Effect's incendiary for organics and disruption for shields. With the limited inventory capacity you really have to balance your character out. Lots of grenade types too.

Level 30 now. This game is outstanding. Where it falls a bit short as an RPG is more than made up for in the action. The NPC's are hilarious, especially Scooter. "Hey, Scooter says don't walk, drive! My daddy always said wheels were better than heels. Uh, he was paralyzed, though. Anyway, don't walk, drive!"

Finished Borderlands as well as Zombie Island. I completed every quest in the game and did not fast travel once. No change in opinion, the game is a real gem. For all the stiff fingered RPG'ers out there - If you manage your character well the firefights are pretty reasonable in difficulty. Not every battle is a cake walk or anything, but the weapons and weapon special attributes are there for a reason. Its about as challenging as Mass Effect 2.

I really liked the streamlined quest structures. They were pretty funny for the most part and I think the humor really works. I think my favorite side quests were the scavenger hunts! Zombie Island is hilarious and it was the first time my ammo hit hear zero across the board.

This game is LONG. I was surprised about just how much content was delivered in the initial game. There is more than enough variety to keep it all interesting. Do give Borderlands a chance!

It was a solid 45 hours. By todays standards that's long. ME2 is maybe 25-30 with all side quests and waaaay too much of that was mining. No on the AA but it wasn't really an issue given the cell shading. Vsynch did take. If you end up playing you might want to pick the Hunter or the Siren. Based on the vids I saw their unique gameplay looked pretty cool. The soldier's Turrent was certainly useful but I would have liked a mobile talent. Brick can fist fight in berserk mode which is cool but the Siren beat all.

Back
Top Bottom