The Witcher - Blog Update @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt has wrapped up their Some things end, some things begin history of the development of The Witcher. This sixth part settles into briefly discussing the main development after all the dramas of starting the project:
Despite the fact that, so far, each of our game presentations has been greeted rather enthusiastically, the trickiest part of the whole endeavor was still ahead of us – namely, bringing all the elements together into one coherent whole.

One of the biggest difficulties we had at that point was actually the plot itself. The issue was twofold: first, naturally, we had to come up with a good script if we wanted the game to reflect the readability of the actual Sapkowski novels. Second, we were greatly concerned with the practical application of the script to the structure of a game. Hence the decision to recruit Artur Ganszyniec (known for “Wolsung”) and Marcin Blacha (co-author of “Monastyr” and “Neuroshima”) – practiced experts in the field of classical pen-and-paper RPGs. The former is currently the main force behind the creation of the plot for “The Witcher.”
Thanks, Tom!
More information.

I can only say that: if the game has same quality that came with the books then i wont mind some critter slaying sidequest. Books were never strictly about mindless monster slaying. Ofcourse if we consider humans as beasts then my previous statement is false :).

If you take a look at the beautiful digital rendered video of "The Cathedral" (using the excellent capabilities of 3DsMax) - the realistic eerie feeling as well as the artistic craftsmanship is very apparent.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ--qAaRaNg

...in this respect i would say this is real proof of Tomek Baginski's capabilities, if he directs the in-game-engine video cut scenes of "The Witcher" i will be more than satisfied. :thumbsup:

I would think the point of the monster-slaying sidequests would be the fact that that is what Witchers are for in this game world, and how they make their living. (please correct me if wrong :) )
It makes more sense for the Witcher to be slaying critters for cash than carrying the letter of the beautiful damsel to her soldier on the front lines or whatever other fed-ex format sidequests are usually produced to get levels and loot.

Edit: Very nice cinematic, Wulf. Beautiful artwork.

Last edited:
Indeed margerette you are right. Witchers were breed and trained to handle all those critters that normal people couldnt beat like wywerns:).

Back
Top Bottom