Risen - Review @ GPM

Dhruin

SasqWatch
'B' is the grade for Risen in a review at Gameplay Monthly. The text is quite positive, praising the "refreshing" lack of hand-holding but finding it unoriginal and not quite as good as the first Gothics:
Despite its shortcomings, I thoroughly enjoyed Risen. That old-school feel coupled with a vibrant beautiful world make for a compelling game. With a player and character skill-based combat system and lots of exploring to do as well as alive-looking cities and communities of npc with a lot of quests, it can offer many hours of fun. It suffers from the fact that it’s not original, being very similar to the first two Gothic games, while on the same time not as good. Still it’s very polished, has very few bugs (I haven’t encountered any game-breaking ones), it looks great and plays great even on a mid-range gaming computer.
While on Risen, louis wrote in a few days back with a NSFW invective-filled rant review from a site called Video Games Suck. It's hard to pull a quote, so head over for a laugh or if this is your thing. Score - 5/10.
More information.

Hahahaha

So to sum up this guy-
The sound effects @#$% stink and the music isn't bad either- LOL

I haven't laughed so hard at a review in years, I think I will add his page to my favorites. Although, I haven't spent much time at the Codex lately
Whats funnier is the lone post under his diatribe

I thought this review was fair and a good assessment of the games' strengths and weaknesses. You can tell he played the game for more than 5 minutes before reviewing it.

Hahahaha So to sum up this guy-
The sound effects @#$% stink and the music isn't bad either- LOL

Well, I'm not fan of this website by any means, it's crass for crass' sake. But there is a difference between sound effects and the music track, where one can be considered separately from the other.

Back
Top Bottom