The Dark Triad: Dragon's Breath - On Kickstarter Today

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After yesterday's announcement that The Dark Triad: Dragon's Breath was going to be on Kickstarter today, we can now inform you that the newsbit was correct, so here it is.
The Dark Triad: Dragon’s Death is a 3D-isometric, turn-based computer RPG with an amazing epic history and a fresh dynamic turn-based combat, developed by Autoloot Games Ltd., an indie studio formed by veteran industry game developers from Ubisoft, Gameloft, or Funcom to name a few, that have participated in the development of games such as Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Heroes of Sparta 2 or Prince of Persia among many others.
They are asking for 80.000 pounds, which is about $120.000.

More information.

plot seems shit

art direction unoriginal

graphics outdated

I don't see a reason for this project to succeed

PS: a girl is narrating ...haha

I also can't see anything original there.
But who needs originality if the game will be fun?

The only thing not written anywhere is do enemies respawn endlessly. Until I find that out, can't say will I back it or not. If the game's main quest is terminating billions of respawns = that'd be no from me.

Not where I live ;)

plot seems shit

art direction unoriginal

graphics outdated

I don't see a reason for this project to succeed

PS: a girl is narrating …haha

none of this is a turn-off for me. The pre-set party, maybe a bit.

considering we'll swim in isometric RPGs soon enough. I really think even if this makes it, you won't be playing it .

on a lighter note, will Torment be the biggest game ever? will it have 500h of gameplay?

"Choose among 8 different cool classes."

"The Dark Triad will allow you to chose among 5 different classes."

Huh?

It sounds fine otherwise; standard fantasy CRPG-type stuff. The writing... mmm, needs a little work.

"Choose among 8 different cool classes."

"The Dark Triad will allow you to chose among 5 different classes."

Huh?
I think I know.
The Dark Triad, the name suggests it, offers you one of 5 classes.
The Light Penta however allows to choose from, again the name contains a clue, 3 other classes.
;)

The plot and writing seem pretty formulaic. And nothing about the gameplay really leaps out at me. I'll keep an eye on this one, but not particularly whelmed so far.

Think this looks quite interesting and have pledged. Besides it's a Brit effort. Things that drag it down are the plot (dragons are the new zombies) and the concept art, which both appear uninspired. Also I don't think the KS video is very good, so they may struggle to reach their target. Fingers crossed.

They are asking for 80.000 pounds, which is about $120.000.

80,000 pounds equals $121,056 unless the dollar is seriously undervalued,in the part of Europe you live in. This answer is taken from a bank conversion of pounds into dollars.

As for the game I already gave my opinion on two different threads already.

I'm going to pledge this one. I'm always in for a new isometric party-based TB or RTwP RPGs. I admit setting and story seems rather generic. But not every game have to be Torment. Besides I love the graphics. Although there seems to be enough materials for convincing the players to pledge, 80.000 pound seems a bit high for an unknown developer with unknown IP.

Anyway I hope they will succeed in their campaign.

80,000 pounds equals $121,056 unless the dollar is seriously undervalued,in the part of Europe you live in. This answer is taken from a bank conversion of pounds into dollars.
You are joking right? The 'about 120.000' statement is in your opinion not close enough to a more accurate number that changes on a daily basis?

You are joking right? The 'about 120.000' statement is in your opinion not close enough to a more accurate number that changes on a daily basis?

No I'm not there goal is £80,000. Taken right from there kickstarter page.

£80,000 pounds equals $121,056 dollars

You lost me here. So rounding it to a nice round number with a less than 1% error really makes you write that?

Back
Top Bottom