Major Explosion in Oslo - Pm's office destroyed

Without actually knowing, I think Denmark is slightly worse than both Sweden and Norway. Maybe even better? :)

I'd be surprised if we were very far from you in that way.

It's not rocket science, though.

If we look at crime rates - at least in terms of serious crimes - you will find a natural correlation between simple concepts like income distribution and these crimes.

I don't know why we - as a race - want to remain complete idiots - but that's what we insist on.

As long as we fail to divide resources evenly, we'll have to deal with this kind of reaction.

This Breivik is possibly the result of the reverse consequence - taken to an extreme. It's not just people who WANT access to resources who commit these serious crimes, it's also the people who want to KEEP their access to them whilst wanting to prevent others from them. This doesn't just mean disposable income - but an earthly paradise like Norway could be a fitting excuse for a mentally unstable person to commit serious crimes.

I don't know why we - as a race - want to remain complete idiots - but that's what we insist on.
Must be the language. Impossible to understand. KAMELÅSÅ!!!

This Breivik is possibly the result of the reverse consequence - taken to an extreme. It's not just people who WANT access to resources who commit these serious crimes, it's also the people who want to KEEP their access to them whilst wanting to prevent others from them.
I think Breivik is an antisocial personality man (not exactly but close to what we used to call a psychopath). Have I said that before? To lazy to check. Doesn't contradict what you say here.
This doesn't just mean disposable income - but an earthly paradise like Norway could be a fitting excuse for a mentally unstable person to commit serious crimes.

As I said, I will no longer talk about how good Norway is. No need to, everybody else do it for me. Even dte, but I'm not sure if he means it.

Humble Pibbur

Must be the language. Impossible to understand. KAMELÅSÅ!!!

Vores sprog besidder ubeskrivelig æstetik :)

I think Breivik is an antisocial personality man (not exactly but close to what we used to call a psychopath). Have I said that before? To lazy to check. Doesn't contradict what you say here.

Yeah, he's clearly pretty deluded about several things.

As I said, I will no longer talk about how good Norway is. No need to, everybody else do it for me. Even dte, but I'm not sure if he means it.

I didn't say it was good, just beautiful ;)

Humble Pibbur

Who're you kidding?

Well, the human race as a whole will never agree on anything no matter how many thousand years you wait. I think most of us are aware of that we need a common language, it did become english though, more and more people learn it.

Well, the human race as a whole will never agree on anything no matter how many thousand years you wait. I think most of us are aware of that we need a common language, it did become english though, more and more people learn it.

It's not the common language by far.

I'm not saying literally everyone must agree - but simply enough to make it the way we go. At some point it will become sufficiently clear to the generations in power. Assuming we survive that long.

It's just a matter of how long we have to wait, and what language we will choose.

Jokes aside (I'm just as bad as anyone derailing threads).

More and more names and pictures of those killed are revealed now. Even if I don't know any of them, what happened becomes much more REAL.

I doubt you can find any long list of atrocities towards muslims in nordic countries. Unlike muslim countries we are famous for our tolerance and its not somthing Im shamed off.

Still Im disgusted how the european lefties are using this psyko's massmurder as device to furthen their own goals. The bodies have barely gone cold and they are making it into a political discussion.

Our societies ARE tolerant, but just looking at kill rates you will find that the anti-islamists come out on top. Not that they are representative of the population, but it is an environment that bears watching.

We've had two instances of serial snipers going after darkies/muslims whatever in the last twenty years, killing several. There are other cases as well.

Islamists are on the other hand AFAIK only responsible for one death (the failed suicide bomber who blew himself up before getting to his destination). There have also been several foiled attempts (most related to the muhammed cartoons).

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post

It's not the common language by far.

Well, my point is that it is becoming, in most countries now you are learning english in school, and it becomes more and more important for your career in a global world. There are still an old generation which are too old to learn, but we are definitely moving in this direction.

BE - Bad English, is the de facto lingua franca, but that doesnt mean that fluency is all that widespread.

Very few non-native speakers can use English with the same precision as their native tongue. Nuances are usually lost when communicating in BE.

Humble Pibbur
This was in the news today.
Couple of years ago when finnish school shootings happened, norwegeans bad mouthed finns. They said its not suprising that somthing like this happens especially in Finland because finns are depressed and violent people. Nothing like that could ever happen in Norway.
http://www.iltalehti.fi/ulkomaat/2011072514108061_ul.shtml
Who ever said somthing like that propably tried to just distance themselves from Finland so that they could continue feeling safe in their own country.

The article continues to say that when comparing norwegeans and finns the former are handling the incident far better. Unlike finns the norwegeans are not trying to find somthing to blame like the finns did but instead they just want to go back to their normal lives as soon as possible.

Our societies ARE tolerant, but just looking at kill rates you will find that the anti-islamists come out on top. Not that they are representative of the population, but it is an environment that bears watching.

We've had two instances of serial snipers going after darkies/muslims whatever in the last twenty years, killing several. There are other cases as well.

Islamists are on the other hand AFAIK only responsible for one death (the failed suicide bomber who blew himself up before getting to his destination). There have also been several foiled attempts (most related to the muhammed cartoons).
I was making the tolerance comparison to muslim countries. Famous muslim countries like iran or saudi-arabia have very low tolerance to christians. Im sure I dont have to dig what kill rates there are.

There is a unity movement of christians and muslims that vows for co-operation and harmony but I guess they are still a minority.

http://www.google.fi/search?hl=fi&s...805&q=muslim+christian+unity&btnG=Google-haku
Muslim-Christian unity characterizes Egypt’s uprising

CAIRO (IPS) - Over recent years, Egypt has witnessed mounting tension between its Muslim majority and its sizeable Coptic Christian minority. But in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, the site of ongoing mass protests against the ruling regime, members of both faiths chant in unison “Muslim, Christian, doesn’t matter; We’re all in this boat together!”
http://electronicintifada.net/content/muslim-christian-unity-characterizes-egypts-uprising/9222

Last edited:
There is a unity movement of christians and muslims that vows for co-operation and harmony but I guess they are still a minority.
“Muslim, Christian, doesn’t matter; We’re all in this boat together!”

European secularism has it's roots in trying to make it possible for Catholicism and Protestantism to coexist in peace. Secul means "time". Time in theology is related to this world where time exist (as opposite to heaven where time doesn't exist). Secularism means attention to this world rather than the "other", built on the realization that people must be able to live a peaceful coexistence regardless of their beliefs about the afterlife. It's the first step towards humanism when one realize that a Christian and a Muslim first and foremost are humans and thus share something very important.

This was in the news today.
Who ever said somthing like that propably tried to just distance themselves from Finland so that they could continue feeling safe in their own country.

The article continues to say that when comparing norwegeans and finns the former are handling the incident far better. Unlike finns the norwegeans are not trying to find somthing to blame like the finns did but instead they just want to go back to their normal lives as soon as possible.

Does it (my finish is somewhat limited beyond yksi and kaksi) say who said that? A very stupid and thoughtless thing to say.

BTW: I was joking regarding "how good Norway is". However, I'm sure we can be quite annoying from time to time.

We're a long way from having a common language, but English is dominant if you go by number of countries and area coverage, and French is the next most widespread if you look at it that way.

Of course if you're simply talking about quantity of speakers, Chinese(Mandarin) is the largest by far.

Back
Top Bottom