Chris Roberts new game

Pause option, online?

Fights will happen in an instance. It seems that PvP use match making, so maybe you will have to accept it or purposefully join the instance.

Check the updated main stretch goals. They give more information about the game content at "launch".

Also, all backers get their own AMX-1 Repair Droid for their garage (1st Kickstarter stretch goals). Look at the main page for the Kickstarter stretch goals.

Although, I doubt the funding will reach 5 millions, but 3 millions should be achievable.

3 millions reached with ~11 days to go!

The 1 millions stretch goal was reached on KS as well.

No manual on low levels at all. That's why I went with digital 60$ pledge - that one has the digital manual included.

Yeah, I can't support a project that doesn't provide a manual at lower levels. It's ridiculous in my eyes.

All tier come with a basic manual, or at least that is what the kickstarter comments are saying. The other manual are special manual (more like collector books and modders manual).

Yeah, I can't support a project that doesn't provide a manual at lower levels. It's ridiculous in my eyes.

HoMM6 came without the manual. Fans made one and it's inside a sticky on Ubisoft forums.
Also Risen2 didn't have an english manual first few days, then you had to find a link on the official forum to Deep Silver's ftp site and download it from there.

Unless you're buying a boxed copy and want a manual for collection purposes, I don't see how a manual should factor in on a decision to purchase a game. Unless we're talking about something that's so in-depth that a manual is actually necessary.

This project bothers me so much.

It's an MMO. Stop lying and saying it's not. It's insulting to people who can see through the bullshit and it should have resulted in failure, not mega-success.

>:|

This project bothers me so much.

It's an MMO. Stop lying and saying it's not. It's insulting to people who can see through the bullshit and it should have resulted in failure, not mega-success

Have you read Chris Roberts' lengthy post on the subject? An MMO this is not... at least not quite... ;)

I for one backed this project and am very much looking forward to the final game. Just like with PE I'm a bit anxious about the extremely (overly?) ambitious design proposition. Have Obsidian and CIG found a way to make a day last longer than 24 hours? Have they found a way to suppress human needs like sleep? Not sure but there must be some kind of magic at work here...

As for SC, I really don't quite see how they are going to do a rich universe with 60+ systems and a plethora of flyable spacecraft in only two years time. Must be that except for Squadron 42 (the campaign that can be played entirely in single player) the content will probably be of a highly repetitive and repeatable nature (quest/mission automats etc.).

Oh well... time will tell and one can always hope for that magic, right? :)

So at least he admits it's an MMO finally.

I predict this is gonna bore the shit out of everyone except the EVE fans who are tired of EVE.

I don't want to play PvE content in order to eventually reach a plateau where I feel "safe" playing PvP content. That's *EXACTLY* an MMO grind. That's exactly what I don't want. Other players are all griefers. All of them. You put a normal person behind a keyboard in an MP game, they'll call you slurs they'd be beaten senseless for saying IRL to ANYONE and then they'll proceed to try to ruin your game. If this was a FPS or some other battleground game, that's fine I GUESS. But in a persistent world that is bullshit and why MMO's are the least fun things ever.

Considering he's focusing so hard on PVP, there's no reason to delude yourself into thinking that this "Offline" play is going to be anything but an MMO without other players. Empty. Lifeless. Boring.

This is going to be the biggest crowdfunding failure ever. I feel bad for everyone involved.

So at least he admits it's a fucking MMO finally.

I predict this is gonna bore the shit out of everyone except the EVE fans who are tired of EVE.

I don't want to play PvE content in order to eventually reach a plateau where I feel "safe" playing PvP content. That's *EXACTLY* an MMO grind. That's exactly what I don't want.

You people are so deluded by Chris Roberts' name that you don't see what's right in front of you- this is an MMO. Considering he's focusing so hard on PVP, there's no reason to delude yourself into thinking that this "Offline" play is going to be anything but an MMO without other players. IE: Empty. Completely empty.

Describing it as an MMO is only slightly more appropriate than describing neverwinter nights 1 or 2 as one because in addition to the lengthy single player campaign, mod tools, and ability to host your own servers they will also be hosting a persistent world themselves.

Those who don't want the persistent world aspect and aren't particularly interested in multiplayer then, for fans of the wing commander games at least, there is still the lengthy campaign. While we'll have to wait to see how robust the mod community ends up being to say how much that might add to the value for single-player fans out there, it should at least have some appeal to those who enjoy playing around with modding tools themselves as well.

I was a fan of the wing commander games. Doesn't mean that I'm going to be starstruck by the devs. If Obsidian came out with a kickstarter for an MMO, I woulda been just as :|

I see a certain word in the quote above that is not in original post… :D

The game is not MMO. Noone admits anything.
If it's MMO, then HoMM6 is also MMO… And it is not.
You don't have to support this game nor go emotional over it. If Obsidian went with MMO project however, now that'd be a reason to go frenzy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom