Wizardry 8 - Dances with Rhinos

what about my spell casters?
lol

fire spells does nothying...

but the acid bomb from my alchemist does good.

ok for the ant guys...
i found the umpani
gave the trang there flag

now i have to find and kill some rapax guy?

i looked the entire swamp and cant find him.
Any help here?

Use your clues, dude. Did you notice anything interesting at the entrance of Marten's Bluff? What might make that work a little better? Perhaps someone has a lure of some sort that would help?

martens bluff?
i looked and theres nothing there.

i cant put the perfume down or anything
i'm really frustrated and i cant figure it out...

Remember the glass room with the elevator you took to visit Zant? On either side of that room are various controls. Perhaps that would make a good rapax trap?

Is this the reason why action games are so much popular and riddle-based games are not ?

Yes, people today seem to loathe using their brains; their fingers began by doing the walking, now they've taken over!! There's a reason it's called old SKULE gaming; most people hate school, cause it makes them think (which to many is a four letter word!!) :)

Yeah, you put it much better than I would've done it.

Or the marketings actually *believe* that riddle-based games are "boring" or so, so they just don't allow the development of some ... No games, no training ...

So, Puzzle Quest was maybe a sursprise to those who had thought that riddle-based games might be "out of time" ... so to say.

Be nice, gentlemen. We all get brain farts from time to time. Let's go ahead and assume our new friend will be doing a lot of cussing and muttering, "Why didn't I think of that?" We want Wiz8 to be a pleasant RPG experience for first-timers, don't we?

Yes, okay, but you *need* to do some thinking, nevertheless ...

Even if this requires to step back from the game and return 1-2 days later (as I did several times).

Actually, it's not supposed to be a 'pleasant' experience; it was designed to be challenging and frequently frustrating, like all Wiz games. Pleasant is for pansies!! :p :)

lol, Wiz 4 is the ultimate S&M rpg experience. Wiz 8 doesn't come even close to that but still can't hurt helping out some people who want to try playing a great game. Took me forever to understand Wiz 7 (I gave up on 4 it was just too hardcore for me :)) After I asked a few questions about Wiz 7 it became a lot more fun. Like why did my party keep dying all the time? After someone told me that class switching was actually encouraged, the game became really fun.

Back
Top Bottom