Hellgate London - DLC Expansion Coming?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Worthplaying is pointing out a letter from HanbitSoft on their PR manager's blog that reveals a downloadable expansion is in development:
Since acquiring the intellectual property rights, HanbitSoft Inc., the publisher and distributor of Hellgate: London in Asia, has concentrated on the development of Hellgate: London, and has received many inquiries regarding new updates. Our US development studio is currently working on an update that is to surpass “The Abyss Chronicles.” This game will be available through our Web site. We thank you once again for showing your interest and ask for your continuous support for Hellgate: London, as we hope to bring good news shortly. In the meantime, we will continue developing the world’s best game!
More information.

Worlds best game huh

Had/has it's share of issues, but is a lot more fun to play than people give it credit for imo

Will be very cool if this could be a SP expansion for the rest of the world if Korea wants it for their servers.

Would be even better if they threw in a LAN feature, you'd see a hell of a lot more people picking up the game and playing!

Will definitely keep an eye out for upcoming news!

Thx for the heads up :)

The "world’s best game"? Reminds me of some people in Austin, Texas, US claiming that their city is the "live music capital of the world".

I think it is just meant to be funny, although it sure does sound arrogant and stupid. Wonder why they would write this in a marketing text...

I think they just meant that they are going to TRY developing the worlds best game. Its not like people plan to design bad/mediocre games - "Hey lets make a mediocre game!".

According to the hellgate london forumn moderator, Hellgate will not re-launch in the US and Europe becase they still own the rights to publish in those countries and they will not release those rights to the Korean company.
Game, set and match.

I think they just meant that they are going to TRY developing the worlds best game. Its not like people plan to design bad/mediocre games - "Hey lets make a mediocre game!".

Heh - good point. Well, I hope they get the publishing rights sorted out in order to be able to release the expansion wordwide, and finally get rid of the odd separation into separate single- and multiplayer game installations, because some people enjoy playing offline and lagfree without being left out of any new patches and content. Also, letting customers pay for simple things like additional inventory space did not exactly give me a good impression of Flagship Studios - may it rest in peace - either and reinforced my decision to uninstall the game and say a final 'bye bye' to Hellgate London.

Maybe with a new company and new policies, it deserves a second look.

According to the hellgate london forumn moderator, Hellgate will not re-launch in the US and Europe becase they still own the rights to publish in those countries and they will not release those rights to the Korean company.
Game, set and match.

yea because those "rights" are going to do so much for them now....

Retarded

...even in death they fail :(

Back
Top Bottom