Two Worlds II - Interview @ Gaming Lives

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gaming Lives speaks with Mirek Dymek from Reality Pump about Two Worlds II in this new interview. Many of the questions surround the technology and graphics but here's a bit about factions:
Should we expect to see the reputation system in Two Worlds II and, if so, will it play a major role in the storylines?

Faction dynamics is an extremely important aspect of “Two Worlds II”. In the first Two Worlds, faction affiliations were present but their existence was limited. As the player gained ranks in a faction they were given several rewards in the form of discounted items and additional quests. In “Two Worlds II”, the player’s choices in faction-affiliated quests have a direct outcome with other opposing and allying factions as well as with the rest of the world. The player will have to choose the quests he chooses to accept from different factions very carefully – because alienating opposing factions will lead to the closure of alternative quest arcs. In addition to the benefits of the discounted items and quests, allied factions will offer the player skills and items that cannot be accessed anywhere else.
More information.

The more i read about TW2 the more it smells like Morrowind .

"Given the advances in development over the last few years, do you think it’s unfair that most RPG games are still being compared to Oblivion as the benchmark"

They do ? WTH!

Sounds amazing imo. Two Worlds 2 had very diverse enviroments that puts almost any RPG out there to shame (especially Oblivion ;) ). I'm almost as hyped for this as i am for Red Dead Redemption and more so than Arcania..

I thought the one thing Two Worlds did really well was the illusion of world size. The gameworld simply felt bigger than Oblivion ad Gothic 3 to me.

Not expecting all that much from dev promises though. I wasnt disappointed by TW, but then I missed out on the hype and didnt mind what amounted to a very light hearted action RPG. From what I've heard I would have gotten rather higher expectations than that from listening to the devs prior to release:p

Anxiously waiting to hear the devs excuses why they won't give fans an editor. They have been so generous by letting two worlds editor be available for fans......oh wait no they haven't.

It's been 3 years and they still haven't released the editor to the public, they are letting some fan site (inside two worlds) selfishly horde it and keep it from the public.

I still wish I could understand and thus use the SW Battlefront II editor ...

Anxiously waiting to hear the devs excuses why they won't give fans an editor. They have been so generous by letting two worlds editor be available for fans……oh wait no they haven't.

It's been 3 years and they still haven't released the editor to the public, they are letting some fan site (inside two worlds) selfishly horde it and keep it from the public.

Well get it.
You dont need to fill out anything anymore.
Its available to all members new or old been like that for a while now...

I haven't played a single RPG with factions done right and TW2 won't be any different.

But that didn't stop me from enjoying Two Worlds more than Oblivion and won't stop me from playing this game and having some fun. Yay!

I'll believe the quality of the content when I see it. I can't believe the number of people who embrace the pap they released first time round. I have trouble imagining worse content. Oblivion runs rings around it - and that's saying something.

Back
Top Bottom