Geneforge 4 - Released for Mac

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb has released Geneforge 4: Rebellion for the Mac, with the PC version to follow in early 2007. As always, there's a demo on the game's page:
Geneforge 4: Rebellion is now available for the Macintosh! The Geneforge saga continues, as a vicious war engulfs the lands of Terrestia. Choose whether to aid the rebels or their former masters, choose from many possible paths to victory, and, as always, command an army of totally obedient mutant monsters.
There's also a v1.01 patch available.
More information.

This is really beautiful - I just wish I had more time to play it!

I'm glad it's not out for PC yet, I haven't time for more than 2 games at once!! :)

Neato burrito but jesus christ, new engine please!!!

P.s. Anyone else notice the similiarites between Gothic 3 and Geneforge 4 in terms of game scenario and whatnot? Interesting....

I have no problem with the way Jeff's games look, but I can only imagine if someone dropped the ToEE or Lionheart engine on his lap ;)

ToEE or Lionheart would be nice looking, but probably take longer time to develop than the current (bout a year for a game in my estimates). I like the current situation, though a bit of an upgrade would be nice.

ToEE or Lionheart would be nice looking, but probably take longer time to develop than the current (bout a year for a game in my estimates).
Not even a year currently - the last 18 months has seen the release of Geneforge 3, Avernum 4 and now Geneforge 4.

I just think that if Jeff took a year and encompassed a new engine like that he could do amazing things for another 10 years ...

I don't mind the looks. It's the inbuilt game mechanics like combat, character system, interface et al that's really starting to get on my nerves. He's stuck in a rut 'cause all the "fans" just really want more of the same so he's inclined to deliver lest he lose a considerable source of income.

Such is the double-edged sword of indie games.

Back
Top Bottom