NWN2 Light of Heavens

Neverwinter Nights 2

Danicek

Sentinel
I've noticed Light of Heavens standing there in Port Llast. I'm not sure if she (?) had always been there or if she is new there. Yet she wants to challenge me to see if I'm worthy. And that means one-on-one fight that sorcerers are not really good at mainly when fighting strong melee fighters this way.

Well, I've tried with my level 16 sorcerer. I've retried and retried casting all types of positive spells on me and all types of negative on her. Did anyone had a luck defeating her? And more importantly was anyone of you having a sorcerer as your main character able to defeat her and how? What are you tips?

Thanks...

Playing a Sorc, I was unable to defeat her using either spells or my extremely limited melee capabilities!! Another annoyance in a game of annoyances!! :)

Dani I played a sorc and beat her all 3 times--don't remember it being too awful, but I'm sad to say I don't remember exactly how...I'm sure it was most likely spamming fireballs, which I could do without ill effects playing on the lower difficulty.
You might consider turning it to normal for just that encounter. :)

Dani I played a sorc and beat her all 3 times--don't remember it being too awful, but I'm sad to say I don't remember exactly how...I'm sure it was most likely spamming fireballs, which I could do without ill effects playing on the lower difficulty.

I played on regular difficulty as well and had no memorable issues ... I was pretty used to being in charge by then so I could just charge in and win. (I played Pally so I get Hasted and start two-handed attacking and the ... quick death to her)

I waited to fight her until just before the seige attack on the Keep. I went back to the areas she was waiting for me and tried at that point in the game. I was a fighter, but she kicked my butt until I waited and got 2 more levels under my belt. ;)

This is one on one fight, so I can spam fireballs as well besides chain lightning seems to cause more damage to her. I've tried two more times in the meantime and with no success. Seems like I'll have to return later when I get one or two more levels.

It may be that the difficulty setting affects this fight in some way, I don't know.

I assume you've tried guzzling potions, stoneskin etc and all the buffs. I wish I could remember more in detail, but I've slept since then, as we old folks say. :) Maybe a few more levels will do the trick. I admire your dedication to the core rule set.
Good luck!

"All the buffs" sounds like good advice. My friend and I tried without and were wasted. Buffed up, including potions, it was a breeze. Displacement, invisibility etc. so she can't land a hit as often.

Yeah, I guess I may try some potions. I've used all the buffs I have (and I have limited number of them because I play aggressive sorcerer with only basic ability to defend itself (stone skin)). Other than that, I rely on my party members to provide the defending things.

They didn't work for me, and I play a similar style of Sorc; all out attack with Stoneskin!!

Can't you also get some buffs from your party members, before you engage in the duel?

Good question. I am not at all sure atm but I seem to remember any buffs I had going poof once I agreed to the duel. Been a while since I played that section.

Always have good summoning spells available. Fully buffed, with 5-6 stoneskin available you shouldn't take any damage at all, and with summoned creatures it's not too hard. The third time you face her it becomes a whole lot harder. I suggest you get the entire party to buff you up in that fight (even though it's 1 on 1, their buffs will stay on you, at least they did back when I played it in November).

Back
Top Bottom