Risen mage or warrior

Sathlin

Watcher
Can someone who's been a mage or warrior of order talk about the class?

Not going to join don's gang, so not worried about that.

I'm at the point of where i decide which order i would like to follow.

not sure what magic is like, is having enough mana going to always be an issue, etc?

Mages can cast with runes.

Warriors & bandits can only cast with scrolls.

Once you have a rune you can make your own scroll copies on a writing table.

I've completed it both as a mage and as a warrior. The only real difference is the fact that the warrior has somewhat better armor at one point in the game, and the mage has access to runes. Both have access to crystal magic, which represent your main attack spells even as a mage. Both also have access to staff training, strength etc if you want it.

I played a pure mage, and it can be annoying to constantly go out of mana, especially if you don't know where all the beds are located (I played mage during my 3rd run through the game, so I knew where to camp when clearing out the various areas).

The warrior (or something of a battlemage) is probably slightly easier to play overall, especially if you make a lot of scrolls to make up for the lack of runes. However, blasting foes away like mad is always good fun, especially once you have tons of mana potions and very high base mana. Of course, that is also possible as a warrior - just max out one of the crystal magic schools and add some mana.

Thanks for the info maylander.

Think i'll go as a battlemage for now.

you are going to be playing a mix of both… early on you get better armor as a warrior… Some parts you can NOT use magic and must fight as a warrior…
and you can make scrolls instead of using runes directly (everyone can that is), thing is, you will be swimming in looted scrolls so you will rarely ever have to make any or cast without…
I played a mage, got 4th circle magic… and during the entire game I bought 2 scrolls of flight (ended with 5 extra), crafted 1 scroll for a quest, and cast most of my spells from scrolls with the following exceptions:
1. telekinesis: 5 or 6 times from rune (could have made scrolls)
2. unlock: almost 10 times… but it is expensive in terms of mana, requires level 3 rune, and you have to find that level 3 rune as nooone sells it.
3. remove magic portal: 5 times on the quest portals (to finish the game)… you can make scrolls

best attack IMAO is the level 10 fireball...but ANYONE can use it, even non mages... the title is basically just that, a title...
Being a mage though rocks, best quests all around.

Back
Top Bottom