Legend - Hand of God - Interview @ GamePlasma

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jan Beuck from Master Creating pops up at GamePlasma for an interview on Legend: Hand of God-
What do you feel really sets Hand of God apart from all the other RPG's?
Legend has a stronger RPG bent than other Action-RPGs. The way Legend tells its story is much more like a real RPG - non-linear, with multiple-choice dialogues and a deep, thought-provoking storyline. Not least, the technology is state-of-the-art: with high dynamic range lightning, shader model 3, normal mapping, dynamic soft shadows, and a fantastic physics engine (PhysX, also used by Unreal Engine 3).
But really unique is the mouse cursor – or better, that there is no normal mouse cursor. Instead you control a small luminous light elf which is part of the game and serves as the light source as well as a sidekick for the hero. Thanks to real-time dynamic lighting, this makes for some really cool shadow effects, especially in the dungeons.
And finally, there's the Cinematic Combat System...
More information.

... no comment. Legend was one of my biggest disapointments.

It was not THAT bad. Simply a Titan Quest clone, no more, no less.

Main quest line: the usual lonely-hero-saves-the-world-from-evil thing. At least there is no amnesia involved:)
Side quests: Far from original. Find-my-lost-child and fetch-some-important-medicine-ingredient-to-my-ill-friend kind of things.
Cinematic Combat System: Have not noticed. Probably becouse I always play with bird's view...
Graphic: Titan quest like, loved it.

My real problem is that the engine of this game seriously needs some optimisation. My PC is not up-to-date, but games usually run well on medium settings. This time I had to turn every settings to "low", to prevent the game becoming a slideshow.

Last edited:
My PC is up-to-date, and it's one of the only game I simply cannot play at high settings. Even at medium there's occasional problems. It reminds me of Sacred, before Ascaron released successives patches to correct its many bugs.

Back
Top Bottom