Risen 2 UK Risen 2 preorder

Aiji Ma

Watcher
Hi All

As we are all aware there is a DLC bonus for pre orders of Risen 2. As a great fan of the Gothic series, which I see Risen as a continuation of, I wanted to pre order the game on PC. However amazon.co.uk only have the console versions for pre order, whilst amazon.com has the PC one available? My other two sources of cheaper purchases zavvi.co.uk and play.com also do not seem to have the pre order available.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for pre ordering?

Aiji Ma

I'd like to know this to, Game sells it in the UK but I'm not sure if ordering from them is a good idea, I just recently read that they may be going into administration in the next couple of weeks!

I have no idea why Amazon isn't offering it on PC...

Daniel.

Not only that, but they used to have a listing for the PC version (saying currently unavailable?!) and they even removed that a few days ago!

But did you look at the available platforms below ?

Anyway weird… I do believe it has happened before.

Wasn't the Witcher 2 available only 1.5 month before release or does my memory deceive me ?

Shopto has it listed, though I've never bought anything from them before, so I've no idea how reliable or not they are.

I don't understand why we can't pre-order on Steam yet.

This is the type of game that I'll want a boxed copy of, but I'd also like to pre-order on Steam so I can start playing it at 12:00 on release day.

seems the game will be only 30$/euro on steam

Source ? Its still not available on Steam for my Region, but if Amazon does not put it up for preorder a couple of weeks before release I might consider it... :uneasy:

WOAH pre-order Risen 2 for PC for £40! 0_o That is the most expensive PC game I've seen in a long while...

Mass Effect 3 for £35 as was Skyrim, why are they charging more for Risen 2, a likely far less popular game? :S

Daniel.

WOAH pre-order Risen 2 for PC for £40! 0_o That is the most expensive PC game I've seen in a long while…

Mass Effect 3 for £35 as was Skyrim, why are they charging more for Risen 2, a likely far less popular game? :S

Yeah.. that's a lot.. more than $60 US. Is that really the common pre-order price in the UK right now? Are you sure that's not for the collector's edition?

Yeah £35 is the standard price for a new title, (non special edition) you can often get it for less than £30 on Amazon and such though. I can't recall paying £40 for normal editions of PC games.

This would make me think twice on buying the game for day of release.

Daniel.

Woah yeah Steam is also charging £40 to pre-order, why are they charging £5 more all the other recent AAA titles, I'm really confused...

Daniel.

It seems you actually pay for that DLC after all... o_O
Let me add that I preordered the Witcher 2 premium edition from amazon for 33 Euros...

I am not preordering on those terms… I'll buy day one from Amazon if they don't put it up for preorder. I'll get the DLC on a steam sale, dirt cheap, just on principle if things remain as they are (pay 50euros to get the DLC) :)

I think if the prices stay so high I'll just wait and buy the game on a Steam sale next Xmas or something.

It's funny I've been looking forward to this game for ages, but I can't understand expecting us to pay more then we did for Skyrim/ME3, in recent months…

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom