S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - Released in NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
STALKER: Call of Pripyat has been released in the US and should be along in much of Europe in the next couple of days. Here's the official PR:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Hits Stores Today!

New York, NY February 2nd, 2010 – Today ushers in a new day for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. The game, published by Viva Media and bitComposer Games, hits stores today, February 2nd, 2010. CEO Carlo Voelker commented, “The ‘Call of Pripyat’ is the third installment in the highly acclaimed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. With its dedicated and loyal fanbase, we anticipate a strong launch.”

Players will live the life of undercover agent Major Degtyarev, an experienced stalker, as he eats, drinks, and sleeps in the Zone. Call of Pripyat is non-linear game play at its best, as the player seeks allies and makes enemies in the treacherous and fragile balance between rival factions, bandits, and mercenaries.

Where most first person shooters rely on relentless action to engage their players, Call of Pripyat goes in an entirely different direction, allowing for long moments of silence amidst a desolate landscape and an ever changing vista. The environment is dynamic: day and night alternate and are filled with thunderstorms and sunshine, and the game's artificial intelligence interacts with itself beyond the peripheral of the player. The game truly takes on a life of its own.

Game Details:
• Photorealistic graphics depicting the Zone, a contaminated area neighboring the Chernobyl disaster site.
• New story, a number of unique characters.
• Over 70 custom missions and extended side quests
• New monsters: Chimera and Burer.
• New A-Life system, created using the players’ best-liked elements of the first two games in series.
• Sleep function added into the game.
• New player’s interface.
• Possibility to continue the game after completion in freeplay mode.
• The game is developed on X-Ray engine v.1.6
• Supports DirectX 11.0
•S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call of Pripyat Collector’s Edition includes an area map, tech-tree poster, and stickers!

Platform: Win PC
Price: $39.99
Genre: Shooter/RPG
Release Date: February 2nd, 2010
Minimum System Requirements: Windows XP/SP 2, Intel Pentium 4.22 GHz/AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 768 MB RAM/6GB free hard drive space, nVidia GeForce 5900/ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB VRAM, DirectX 9.0 compatible
More information.

I might well buy this in a couple of weeks. I enjoyed Shadow of Chernobyl. Skipped Clear Sky. If anyone here gets it, then impressions would be appreciated.

Wow ... when the editor at one of the sites contacted me last week about it I was surprised ... still haven't heard yet, but I was just surprised that it was actually releasing ...

I'm definitely getting it.. eventually :)

For the first time in a long time I'm simply unable to keep up with the new releases that I really want to play. Haven't bought Mass Effect 2 yet, haven't finished Div 2 (although that might also be a motivation problem).. and I've re-bought a couple of older games on Steam :)

Right now Batman is providing quite a bit of fun, away from the RPG genre..

Wow … when the editor at one of the sites contacted me last week about it I was surprised … still haven't heard yet, but I was just surprised that it was actually releasing …

Why surprised? It has been released months ago in other countries.

Why surprised? It has been released months ago in other countries.

I guess I had lost track of it somewhat, and these sorts of things are typically botched ... like Risen, and Divinity 2. So the fact that it was announced, and then actually shipped on the day it was announced ... sadly, that WAS surprising.

Back
Top Bottom