Two Worlds II - New Screens

Looks good and I really like the oriental architecture too. Another game to watch...

Oooo, good grass.

Nice screens! April fools? Heh

I'm one of the few who liked 2W. Nice settings, fun horse combat, open gameplay and it didn't have 100 hours of painful soap opera dialog on rails.

They seem to be giving the sequel a more thorough treatment. Yay.

Meh, can't say I'm impressed by the screens.

I didn't care for Two Worlds, it really felt like it was developed in pieces and then slapped together at the end. A poor man's Gothic 3 (post community patches). I was still desperate enough for an RPG that I beat it once, and I would definitely rate it above Oblivion but it'd take a heck of a recommendation for me to buy the sequel.

Meh, can't say I'm impressed by the screens
There is some lovely artwork in both the architecture and the foliage there - show me a better looking game!
Open-world games have to be big and streaming; having a consistent appearance and good performance as new locations are loaded from the HDD every minute or so is a challenge. Oblivion/Gothic 3 was nowhere near as detailed as TW2 looks. This is right on a level with Arcania IMHO.

I hope they have managed the performance and gameplay well!

There is some lovely artwork in both the architecture and the foliage there - show me a better looking game!

Far Cry 2 & Crysis immediately jump to mind.

I know those are as much technology demos as games but they're also several years old. AAA first-person RPGs should look like the last generation FPS engines. These look about two generations old to me.

I'm not saying the Two Worlds developers have done a poor job, it's obvious they've worked hard, the screens look nice. But I'm certainly not impressed either. To be impressed, I'd need to see a level of detail past what I've seen before. If Two Worlds 2 looked like Crysis 2, then I'd be impressed.

If Two Worlds 2 looked like Crysis 2, then I'd be impressed.

If Crysis 2 was an open-world game with no levels / loading, NPC schedules, "real time" day/night cycles i'd be impressed ;)

Crysis did look kind of nice, but it certainly didnt have any architecture that impressed me. Crysis 2 is probably gonna look worse than Crysis 1 considering they're making it for consoles..

You seriously mean oblivion does not stand up to a game released way after it? Are you serious?

In terms of pure graphics I could always say that AAA FPS games have superior graphics over AAA RPG games released around the same time frame.

But to dismiss or ignore the fact that RPGs are processing far more calculations in real time versus FPS games is to fail to fully appreciate the difference between the two genres.

Given this reality, it is difficult for me to compare and contrast the graphical quality between an RPG gaame and an FPS game because they aren't apples and apples. Typically, I find myself comparing a new RPG game's graphics to the graphics of the last, most recent batch of RPG games that hit the market.

Far Cry 2 & Crysis immediately jump to mind.

Of course games like that look better, but they're in an entirely different genre of gaming, and one that places a lot more focus on visuals.

I think Two Worlds II is looking fantastic for a crpg, I just hope it actually looks that good while playing.

My favourite city in Two Worlds was the oriental one. I've said this quite a few times over the years - not enough settings like that in RPGs. The city in the screenshots looks amazing. Hopefully, it'll play a bigger role than the oriental one did in Two Worlds.

Not a big deal, but in the screen-shots, the Archer Guards were all shooting left-handed; bow in the right hand and drawing the arrow back with the left. I'm sure it was done so the scene would like the way the director wanted it framed and set up. I've seen this done in movies, too, where an actor will use a rifle as a lefty when they are obviously right-handed. It's all about the scene.

I think it looks pretty great - definitely top-notch visuals, but such things need to be seen while playing to really determine this precisely.

In terms of immersion and fantasy-based settings, I think Oblivion with mods, visually, still beats anything out there and it's 5 years old.

Back
Top Bottom