UK slaps EA for misleading

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
According to kotaku, EA can't advertise DK phonegame any more as free in UK:
http://kotaku.com/ea-can-no-longer-call-dungeon-keeper-free-in-the-uk-1599021270

Or to quote ASA:
The ad breached CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1, 3.3 and 3.9 (Misleading Advertising).

Action

The ad must not appear again in its current form. We told Electronic Arts Ltd to ensure that future ads made clear the limitations of free gameplay and role of in-app purchasing with regard to speeding up gameplay.
Finally someone reacted. Finally.
I just hope this is a start of weeding all scammers out, not just EA.

I'm kind of shocked, but good news. Free game - just insert credit card to progress is most annoying thing ever.

Good news indeed. They should be forced to just call it what it is: Pay to win.

Granted, it wouldn't exactly make for good advertising, but we all have to pay the price, don't we?

Doubt this will make a difference.

They're just exploiting the ignorance of the audience - which will happen again in a second or two.

The thing that has to change is the public perception of the value of time versus the value of money.

That will take something akin to a revolution - and until such time, we'll see low value products for low prices being very, very popular. Much more popular than high value products for higher prices or even reasonable prices.

Apparently, people have more time than money.

This is something I can't identify with. Seems to me time is about a billion times less available and about a billion times more valuable.

Oh well, to each his own.

They're just exploiting the ignorance of the audience - which will happen again in a second or two.

[…]

Seems to me time is about a billion times less available and about a billion times more valuable.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom