Eschalon: Book 1 - Beta Linux Demo, v1.04 Windows Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Basilisk has officially released the Eschalon v1.04 patch we recently reported and a beta Linux demo is available for those that want to try it out. From the website:
The newest patch for the Windows version of Eschalon: Book I is online. You can grab the patch over on the Book I page, and the fixes can be seen here. This is a minor update, just to get the Windows version up on the same level as the newly released Macintosh version.

We've also posted a link to the beta version of the Linux demo. We are still trying to work out some problems, but if you are a Linux user and want to give the demo a try, download it and let us know how it runs on your system.
More information.

Wow ... that was quick on the Linux port ... he is doing a great job bringing this thing out!

He used BlitzMax to program it, which can be ported to linux or mac much more easily than most languages.. random piece of information, but relevant I supposed.. Blitz is quite a good language for the indie dev.

I know, it is on the site ... but the reality is that such porting often is harder than anticipated, especially since this is his first game!

People on the official site are having a view issues with 'lost' save games, that aren't really lost, just moved!! It's an interesting thread to read.

Back
Top Bottom