King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A number of sites have noticed a new product page for King's Bounty: Warriors of the North. It appears to be a further iteration of Katauri's well-regarded series rather than a fully-blown sequel but we don't know the full details yet. A handful of screens are available and here is the overview and feature list:
A new hero, young Olaf, the son of the Northling King, dedicates his life to the fight against the undead infesting the Northern Lands of Endoria. He will face epic battles, valor and love. Accompanied by gorgeous Valkyries who will assist Olaf on the battlefield, he will liberate the icy wastelands of the North, dwarven dungeons and Darion, the heart of the Endoria, from the reign of necromancy.
New plot, telling the story of the fight between the Good and the Evil, betrayal and love
New companions – 5 Valkyries, assisting Olaf on the field of battle.
New locations
New units
New skills
New awards and achievements
New school of magic – Rune Magic
More information.

It sounds like a new campaign at least. Here's hoping it's nothing like Crossworlds.

Woot!

I hope it's a fullsized campaign as well. King's Bounty and Warrior Princess were really fun to play.

A definite buy for me, assuming it doesn't deviate too far from what made The Legend and Armored Princess so good.

Hopefull they go back to the large continent-style land masses of the first game. I preferred that over the island hopping in Armored Princess.

Oh… and bring back the Rage Box. :)

Oh… and bring back the Rage Box. :)

I am hoping that the 5 valkyries will work kind of like the rage box. I definitely liked the rage box better then the dragon.

Not what i expected, and certainly NOT what i wanted.
Nevertheless, iam interested.

All I can say here is - bring it on!

And thanks Alrik for persuading me into buying King's Bounty, I never knew how good that game is.

And also... To me this doesn't look as an expansion. It is the same engine as in previous games, but on screenshots there is a third row of "achievements" not available in previous two games and also the rage using icon (box or dragon) is completely different.

I have to say that after armored princess I really need KB 2.0 to be interested instead of 1.3.

Uh … somehow this list reminds me of HOMM … Do/did they try to make a HOMM 5 clone ?

I am hoping that the 5 valkyries will work kind of like the rage box. I definitely liked the rage box better then the dragon.

ON one of the linked screenshots there is indeed a strange symbol next to the spell book - just in the same place as the rage box once was, I think …

Last edited:
Instant buy. Don't pass go, don't collect 200 dollars, go directly to payment screen.

I missed Armored Princess. I was playing something else when it came out and never did pick it up. Is it better than KB? I only played KB to the 2nd area before getting bored, but I played the 1st area about 5 times, so that's probably why.

Armored Princess Review from Gamebanshee

Conclusion:
Great character customization options and figuring out ways to improve your combat prowess to continue to get better at demolishing the enemy armies that litter a beautiful world. Armored Princess is a streamlined and more balanced game than the original, making it a must buy for any fan of King's Bounty: The Legend. Newcomers should get the first, first, but everyone should eventually get both if at all interested in RPGs or turn-based fantasy.

My name is skavenhorde and I approve this message.

I don't necesarily think that armored princess is better then KB. There are some things that are better, but overall I think KB was the superior game. But Armored Princess is still a good game and worth checking out.

I'm not sure what the difference is between a full blown sequel and an expansion in this case. I mean the could have called Armored Princess King's Bounty 2, and nobody would have complained too much. It was definitely a complete game and had a number of changes from the original.

I started both the original one and Armored Princess and while I enjoyed them I eventually just stopped playing. I think it was because I got tired of the dull running back and forth so much to just keep my troop levels up.

That was easily fixed by switching your troops to island specific ones. When visiting the pirate island (don't remember the name) I replaced my army with pirates and other evil doers. Also switched out my gear for gear that made sense with my new army.

When I went to the land of the vikings (again don't remember the real name) I switched out the pirates for bears, barbarians and the like.

I actually liked this a lot because I got to switch up my strategy and it kept the game fresh with each new island I encountered. Of course I would have one really high level troop like a black dragon or whatever that I always had no matter what, but I protected him as best I could and hardly ever had to refill that one slot.

I did that in the original KB, but I found that in armored princess, at least on hard, that I had to hop around between islands constantly in order to find fights that I could do. So I never really stayed on one island long enough to make the strategy of switching all my troops to island specific reasonable. Often I had to visit 3 seperate islands to fill my troop supplies back up.

In KB legends however you were much more strongly encouraged to keep your troops local, and that was one of the things that I liked better about it.

That was easily fixed by switching your troops to island specific ones. When visiting the pirate island (don't remember the name) I replaced my army with pirates and other evil doers. Also switched out my gear for gear that made sense with my new army.

When I went to the land of the vikings (again don't remember the real name) I switched out the pirates for bears, barbarians and the like.

I actually liked this a lot because I got to switch up my strategy and it kept the game fresh with each new island I encountered. Of course I would have one really high level troop like a black dragon or whatever that I always had no matter what, but I protected him as best I could and hardly ever had to refill that one slot.

These games are maddening. Somehow, I found myself sinking about 80 hours into them, but when I look back, I wonder why. There's just something about them that makes you want to play them, but then regret spending the time afterward.

Back
Top Bottom