Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no update immediately, but when I "reload" the forum's view, then it is correctly update.

What do you mean by "immediately"? Having to reload the page to update sounds like normal behavior to me.

No, I explicitely have to press the "reload" button, then.

This year, like last year, it is in all of our minds. Just imagine it's there :)

I'll bring the virtual drinks....

I'll bring my seasonal avatar and the cookies :boogie:...

And I already brought the fruitcake. ;)

Oops ... too late with our holiday baking ... but it was delicious ;)

Whoo, I see an ad banner for GOG -- but it's in the wrong place on Google Chrome; it's at the top left of the page box, covering the RPGWatch logo. Looks fine on Firefox...

I didn't test it on Chrome. Did test it on FF3, IE7 and Opera. A stylesheet has been updated to accomodate for the position of the ad. Maybe a forced reload in Chrome will do the trick? Shift-reload probably.

I'd like to request that Politics and Religion forum as well as the specific game topics not be on the front page.

I think the specific forums are not as relevant and the politics and religion forum is kept separate to keep flame wars from spilling out.

Seeing them on the front page doesn't help these matters and they can be awfully distracting.

thanks

Could you add something like "Go to last post" to News Watch and Forum
watch
?

Example:
  • I type RPGwatch.com in my browser.
  • My browser loads the site.
  • I notice a X interesting thread in the Forum watch but when I click on the thread's name I go to the 1st post which dates back to 2007,that's normal behavior.
  • You could add something like "Go to last post" button on the left/right of the thread's name so that I won't have to go the the last page + scroll down to the last post.

@ Kostaz: I'm old school like you, too, and like to read forums from top to bottom, oldest page first and all that but a very simple workaround for your issue would be to go to your profile and simply change the order in which threads/posts are displayed. Then you'll end up on the first page after clicking on a link and it will show the latest post first rather than the oldest one. Just reverse the order and you got your desired result. Just might take some time to get used to reading the forums "the other way around".

You guys are doing something wrong. When I click on the first page I get the newest post at the top. Even in Forum Watch.

I tried with Firefox 3,IE 8,Opera and Chrome it's still the same.

Same thing happens to me - but since I never use the front page I never notice.

If you click on LAtest Post on the forums main page, it will take you straight there.

If you click on LAtest Post on the forums main page, it will take you straight there.
I know but it would be useful to be able to do this from the 1st page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom