Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #83

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian Entertainment shares infomation about the beta of Pillars of Eternity, and mentions how backers can get their Wasteland 2 keys in the games latest update.

Backer Portal, Backer Beta, and Wasteland 2 Keys

We have some important information for you regarding the Backer Beta and how to manage your pledge. We also have exciting news for you regarding Wasteland 2 keys and how you can get your key from the backer portal. Our next update will be focused on how to redeem your Eternity beta keys and special Backer Beta information.

Important Backer Information

A few very important changes will be happening on August 22nd.

First, we will be ending the crowdfunding period for Eternity. This means that as of August 22nd, you will only be able to preorder the game and will be unable to back the game at reduced prices. If you have already backed the game before August 22nd this won't have any effect on you, but if you would like to back an additional copy of the game at reduced prices or buy any add-ons, please make sure you do it before August 22nd.

Second, we are completely locking all tiers on August 22nd. This is necessary so we can start the manufacturing process for the various fulfillment rewards.

We are going to completely lock down all surveys as well. We locked these surveys a few months ago for anyone that had in-game content (items, NPCs, inns, etc.), but we were still allowing people to enter in content for their credits and memorial stones. So, if you have any remaining credits or memorial stone surveys to finish, please do so before the 22nd.

Wasteland 2

If you backed a tier which included a Wasteland 2 key we have exciting news for you. Starting now, you can head over to the Products tab in your Account Profile to snag your Wasteland 2 Steam key. Please note: Only Steam keys are presently available. If you want Wasteland 2 on GOG, that won’t be available until InXile has released the game.
More information.

What level gets Wasteland 2?

What level gets Wasteland 2?

I was curious too. Evidently the $165 dollar tier gets it. So yeah…out of my league/tier.

Interestingly enough, I'm sort of more excited for Wasteland 2, which I didn't back, than Pillars of Eternity. I mostly say Wasteland 2 simply because so few games like it have come out, whereas we have Divinity: Original Sin and others in the fantasy genre. Although both games in question look very promising.

I'm getting WL2 via my pledge for Tides of Numenera - I pledged about $80 for those two, which sounded liked a good deal at the time. It (I jut checked - woot!) included access to teh Beta (so no extra cost, as was required for pillars?) - think I'll download it and give it a whirl :p

Waiting for the Pillars beta (I received my beta acess to Wasteland 2 through Wasteland 2 KS then wasn't necessary to get through Pillars or Torment)

Hm. 17 GB download for the beta ! Wtf. I don't have enough space grrr and I have a capped account.

It's a big game isn't. When I saw the size of it, I just didn't bother installing the beta. I got enough of those on my PC right now anyway and I still need to finish Divinity:Original Sin too.

Back
Top Bottom