Original Sin - Release Day

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios bring us news in Kickstarter update numer 63 that many things being wrapped up today (or shortly thereafter) for Original Sin.

Today is an extremely exciting day here at Larian. After years of developing a game we truly love, we get to release the full version of Divinity: Original Sin to both our amazing backers and to the rest of the gaming world.

It is at once thrilling and nerve-wracking; this vast world will now, for the first time, be explored in its entirety by the public. We can only hope you all have as much fun growing your Source Hunters and solving Rivellon's mysteries as we had developing them.

Without your support via Kickstarter and Early Access, this game would never have reached the level of polish and complexity present in its current form. Your contributions added a world of colour, secrets, enhancements, and depth to the game that has made this what we consider our best game to date.

Below, Swen explains just how grateful we are for your support:

Besides that there is information that Original Sin will be integrated in GOG's Galaxy, that the toolkit is live, translations are a bit delayed and they will be streaming on Twitch twice tonight, first at 18:00 Brussels time with Eurogamer (9 a.m. Los Angeles, 12 p.m. New York, 20:00 Moscow) on Larian's channel: http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios and secondly at 20:00 with Swiftor on his channel: http://www.twitch.tv/swiftor

There are many hints and tips on how to deal with your rewards, so you better go read them before firing up Original Sin.

I also noticed that no changes can be made anymore by backers to their rewards (with the exception of the source of your keys).

For those who participated in our Original Sin raffle, be patient, your rewards will be coming your way, once I have received them.

More information.

Gah… I want to play it now, but something in my head is telling me to wait a few more weeks for bug-squashing and balancing tweaks…

Either way, congrats to Larian!

EDIT: After attempting to play, I've determined there are still too many issues/bugs to continue. I'm also hearing there are a few features that still haven't been added as they ran out of time, but will be in coming patches. Put this gem on the shelf for awhile.

Last edited:
Redeemed my key on GOG but am still waiting for it to actually be available for download. Have off work tomorrow, but too bad I have to get some dental work done :(

Hey! Nice shout out for RPGWatch in the video... :)

Will be trying this in the next few days but maybe I'll wait for a few patches before really digging in.

For those wondering: It's not possible yet to use the key for the kickstarter bonusses but they are working on it.

Personally I am a little overwhelmed from the character creation atm ^^

What kind of bugs are you talking about?

I bet iron sword is in, but silver ain't. That's a bug. :p

Personally I am a little overwhelmed from the character creation atm ^^
I'd love to join the club right now, but I refuse to download my Steam copy and will wait till GOG unlocks it. :p

What kind of bugs are you talking about?

Immediately I had an issue in that under the options menu, there are no alternate resolutions in the dropdown for me. It's completely blank. So even though I normally run 2560x1440, I'm stuck on whatever the default is— and it looks like hell. I don't need 1440p with a game like this, but I sure as hell need something better than what I'm getting at default. EDIT: This may be framerate-related as I run at 96hz.

DLC issues currently, in that it hasn't unlocked properly.

Other bugs being experienced/discussed in the Steam forums. Bottom line is that it still needs a little polish.

Also, I've read that a few of the NPC companions haven't been added, in addition to other content that couldn't squeak in on time for official release. That's sort of important to me, and since it's free to be added later with a patch, I'm going to wait.

So excited about it :clap: I also liked how rpgwatch was the first non official site he came up with ^_^

Ovenall, that was a stretch KS goal on 1M. Sadly, they ended 50K short. :(
:p

Nyx, for those who just want to see the moment of truth, a pic:
nyikon.jpg

I'm currently freeing up space for the CE. This will be tough. :D

The CE - by the way - also contains the Holy Grail and the Trousers - at least the package says so.
Which disappoints me a tiny bit : I got the trousers already from contributing to Kickstarter, and I got the Holy Grail already from the Anthology …
But there is still that Kickstarter Potion left … ;)

I'd love to join the club right now, but I refuse to download my Steam copy and will wait till GOG unlocks it. :p

I'm currently wondering whether I'd have to buy D:OS a second time to be able to unlock it via GOG ?
I wonder because the CE has only Steam keys …

Steam is downloading...

so I can watch the World Cup first... ;)

I'm still waiting for my Gog code. I hoped to play it tonight. But it seems I have to wait tomorrow. :(

If you get an invalid key message like me:

For the invalid backer key thing - the steam DB is currently updated by Larian:

Important note: The Kickstarter backer ID database on Steam is currently missing a number of entries and is being updated. In a couple of hours it should recognise the backer ID of everybody. Small team working through a large task list with lots of pressure in an online environment with an internet connection that decided today was a good day to go on strike - bare with us, it'll all be done soon enough ;)

->
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/894881

Again....anyone expecting to play a new game WITHOUT several patches these days is truly living in a fantasy world. I guess it is the price we pay for being able to download stuff these days and not having to go to the brick buildings and buy the box. Fortunately, these are only games and not food or shelter =p

Unfortunately it started before digital downloads. When Gothic 3 was released as a buggy mess it still won German RPG of the year, because its contemporaries like Vampire: Bloodlines, KOTOR 2 and Dungeon Lords were also buggy messes.

I have so many games to play I can wait for a few patches and the stuff that didn't make it for release.

Top selling game on the Steam storefront at the moment, so they're doing pretty well on that front at least.

Back
Top Bottom