Knights of the Chalice - v 1.07 Patch

magerette

Hedgewitch
Forum member skavenhorde drops us a line to advise that the just-released Knights of the Chalice from Heroic Fantasy Games has an updated demo and patch, taking it to version 1.07. You can read the full changelog at their forums, but I'll reproduce it here as well:
The last version is 1.07. Reminder: you will find the download link in the email you received after purchasing the game. This upgrade will not damage your saved games.

Changes:
1) Corrected the automatic end of turn function.
2) When casting a mass cure spell outside combat, the party members will be redeployed so that everyone can be targeted by the spell.
3) Casting Lesser Restoration, Remove Blindness, Restoration, and Remove Negative Levels outside combat won’t require to be adjacent to the recipient.
4) Market price now displayed in the item list before picking up items.
5) Items made in an exotic material are colour coded (green for Mithral, red for Adamantine, teal for Silver, grey for Cold Iron).
6) Non-magic Masterwork items will be displayed with a “+”: “+Longsword”.
7) Wands enchanted with a spell will display the number of charges in the icon’s corner.
8) Craft Weapon won’t allow to set enchantments on a weapon that already has the same type of enchantment in a stronger form (for example putting SR 13 on a SR 15 weapon).
9) Pushing “U” while mousing over a scroll or wand will trigger the Use action.
10) Save bonuses in the character sheet show the total bonus (base save + ability modifier).
11) Switched the cursor from pointing towards bottom left to top left. Also switched the target point from bottom left to top left when targeting a spell.
12) Updated the help entry for Full Attack to clearly explain the difference between a full attack launched by just clicking an enemy, and a full attack launched by selecting the attack action in the combat menu (this option gives back control to the player after each attack).
13) Movement by holding down the mouse button will not get stuck into walls.
14) The party’s movement will not be interrupted by the mouse pointer passing over a creature or item stack (as long as the player is not moving the mouse).
15) The game will not allow wearing a cloak of faith on top of adamantine armour (can’t combine damage reductions). By the way, you have awesome characters on your save #5, Xalles.
16) Slight change in the position where the item box appears, perhaps more convenient.
17) Fixed the bug with bows obtained from a random encounter turning into a club. It was because I forgot to transfer the ranged items from the random-encounter item list to the player’s item list. Note: if you have a saved game with such items, just drag them to the destroy button.
18) Fixed the graphic bug with enchant wand. I forgot that you can enchant only with divine spells of up to level 4.
19) Added the missing end-of-fight check after a spell like Control Person or Dominate Person wears off, and corrected an issue where the computer was controlling a player character on the round where the domination effect wears off.
20) Reworked the way the AI casts cure and inflict spells as I noticed Draxx the vampire was using a Harm spell to heal himself for a few points rather than attempt to hurt the player for dozens of points. He will not make the same mistake again.
21) Shifted the green and yellow arrows in the expected path a bit to the top and left so that they’re not hidden by walls.
22) Fixed the villager who was hiding under a table.
23) Fixed the broken links in the scrolls of Acid Burst and Greater Disintegration.
24) For new users, the game will start in windowed mode 960x720 instead of full screen stretched.

I couldn’t reproduce the freeze in the house of jewels.
Things I want to do next: the new text font and the auto-move to pick up out-of-range items.
Here's the company's homepage which gives more game information, including the download link.
More information.

I am still undecided if I buy this... it will take too much of my time.. since I have so much other things to do now! Great game though! I loved the demo........ I would suggest everyone to give it time.... the graphics looks awful at first, but you will get used to it sooner or later,,, and the headaches will go away!

I wish I had more time ... definitely want a taste of this!

Wow, that was fast !

the demo?? I "finished it"

I defeated the trolls, and after that it said congratulations on completing the demo... however I gave up on the necromancer ( not the one with a pet troll he was easy to defeat :p )..... it is hard enough to win the first battle after you fall down... and to win against him after that.... might be it is possible.... but I never came even close :p so I did not spend time on that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom