Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - Preview @ ShackNews

magerette

Hedgewitch
ShackNews posts their look at Infinitive Interactive's PQ:Galactrix, the upcoming sci-fi sequel to the rpg/match 3 hybrid, Puzzle Quest, highlighting a few of the differences:
So what's different this time around?
For starters, gravity, or the lack thereof, now plays a pretty important role. Zero-G space battles mean blocks don't just fall from the top anymore--they shift around based on the last action...
Another change from the original Puzzle Quest is the lack of established player classes. Instead of being stuck in a particular class for the entire game, players can now amass an armada of customizable ships, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
As players use the overworld map to progress from battle to battle, they will discover that the scope of the game's economy has been greatly expanded through the ability to influence trade prices based on one's carried cargo and status with the multiple factions.
These mechanics are purely optional, Savino noted. The game can be easily beat without fussing around with them, though the option is there for hardcore players.
More information.

First one is very addictive, I hope this one will be as good as the Challange of the Warlords :smitten:

I wonder whether it will apear in retail here in Germany ?

I wonder whether it will apear in retail here in Germany ?

I dunno - but I have to say this is one of those games that I can't see why you wouldn't do a download version? I think the original was ~80MB or something.

I discussed this before: I prefer a physical medium.

Plus, if there's an English-language version of it on CD-ROM out there, then why not in Germany, too ? The game is already translated.

But Gamesload seems to have an exclusive contract with ValuSoft, that's the only explanation I have for not releasing the already translated game on the CD-ROM medium here.

Plus, if there's an English-language version of it on CD-ROM out there, then why not in Germany, too ? The game is already translated.
There I agree - and perhaps they should do it for no other reason than to have it in jewel-case units to sell in stores and grab impulse buys that way.

Yes - that's why I don't understand the whole thing, actually.

Yes - that's why I don't understand the whole thing, actually.

Very true - I can see the argument to be made for small-shop download-only casual games like Bejeweled and Fate. But both of those are available at the local super-store as jewel case games. Puzzle Quest was a breakout success, they should really try to push this next one to an even wider audience.

Back
Top Bottom