NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - IGN Blog Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
NWN2: Storm of Zehir Audio Director Alexander Brandon writes a blog update at IGN on the game's music:
While the sounds and voices of Storm of Zehir play an important role, perhaps the most instantly recognizable audio in the game comes from the soundtrack. The music is varied, sweeping, and epic. But so are a lot of soundtracks. What sets Zehir apart is its extensive use of themes and a "return to roots" mentality. A great many people had a hand in its creation, but before the composers were involved there was a design discussion between myself and Tony Evans, the lead designer.
More information.

Is there a sample piece of music to support this blog entry?

Nope. I think there were plans to put up some sample music (like they did with MotB) beforehand, but it was something about the music being composed by an outside party (MotB music was composed by Brandon, who is an employee of Obsidian) that made it problematic.

OEI are certainly enthusiastic about the music though. I attended the SoZ chat a few weeks back and they spoke *very* highly of it. Obviously they would since it's their own game, but you could tell their enthusiasm about it was high.

Will be fun to hear. I'm personally more fond of MotBs more subtle and ambient approach but I'm still really looking forward to hearing this.

Back
Top Bottom