Risen 2 - GamesCom Presentation Videos

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deep Silver's and Piranha Bytes' Risen 2 presentation from Gamescom is available on Youtube (Part 1 and Part 2). It's in German, of course, but you'll see some new footage and tidbits on the display screen - I haven't watched the whole thing but fast-fowarding through, I saw a map of one of the islands, for example.
Spotted at World of Risen.
More information.

Damn WTH PB, spring for some chairs. :slap:

I don't know about the size, but there are multiple islands you can travel to with your ship.

Kill sequences & poor dialogue, this looks far worst than expected ; my German is very poor but the guy said island will be 15km2 big ?

I actually like what I see in these videos and now more excited about risen 2.

those 2 weirdos look like f*cking (c)rappers…. MEH :mad:
poor devils, do we need them? NO

those 2 weirdos look like f*cking (c)rappers…. MEH :mad:
poor devils, do we need them? NO

PB didnt live up to your sexual fantasies or what?

personally i'm just interested in their games, and yes we need them.

Anyone got to playtest it? Will they keep the difficulty level (and progression system) of Risen? Other than that I have full confidence in Piranha Bytes to make an excellent game.

GamingLives posted a preview and a 23 minutes long interview with the PM who also did our GC presentation. Especially the latter should answer a couple of questions posted in this thread.

It still have the short draw distance for npc's in all of PB's games, arrgghh. You could increase the DD for actor via ini files in Gothic 3, but not in Risen. I hope for pc you can have very long DD's for actor's.

Looks ok I guess, nowhere near the level of Skyrim in the graphics department, but I'm sure it will be ok.

I'm looking forward to this more than Skyrim to be honest. Although my anticipation for both games are pretty high.

I have not heard anything about magic in this game. Has it been taken out or what? If I can't play a mage I won't be buying it!!

There will be magic, but they aren't talking about it yet. The classic mage role is out though.

Then since I'm not that keen on pirates and since using guns means it's just another shooter with rpg elements, I think I'll be passing on this. Dropping the mage is a MAJOR mistake IMHO!!

Then since I'm not that keen on pirates and since using guns means it's just another shooter with rpg elements, I think I'll be passing on this. Dropping the mage is a MAJOR mistake IMHO!!
Taken from World of Risen:
There will be 5 categories of skills: melee (blade skills, sword and dagger) archery (shooting skills, pistols and rifles) cunning (silver tongue, Dirty Tricks, bomb placing, Dodge, etc.) hardness (Intimidate, immunity to blades and bullets, courage etc.) magic (speculation that it is around voodoo)

So it means there will be magic in the game. There is a skill dedicated to it. Although I don't know if voodoo magic is as interesting as the standard one, but we shall wait and see.

It's not all gun-based, Corwin. There are traditional weapons like swords and bows and one would suspect those old pistols aren't very accurate or fast.

Surely you don't have to play traditional mage in every game?

it's just another shooter with rpg elements

Uh no. And exactly how are guns that different from bows anyways, or even casting a fireball? It's the same principle, it's not like we'll have machine guns :p I bet gun ammo will be a lot rarer than arrows too..

Someone does something a bit more unique than the traditional fantasy setting and people start complaining directly :/ I can understand why we don't have that many unique games or settings; many (most?) people just want the same boring fantasy setting and classes over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom