Mars - Released and New Launch Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Spiders Studios new Action RPG game Mars War Logs is finally available for download on Steam and they have released a launch trailer.

Fasten your seat belts, taking off immediately for the Red Planet!

Mars War Logs, the sci-fi role-playing game from Spiders Studio, will be available today worldwide for download on PC! To celebrate this release, we invite you to watch an impressive launch trailer that immerses us in the game's universe. Please note that the game will be available very soon on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network.

Mars War Logs takes you to Mars, nearly a century after a huge cataclysm that threw Mars and its colonies into chaos. You play as Roy, a renegade caught in the middle of a civil war, while different corporations fight over the most precious resource, water.

Follow an immense main quest in which every choice counts, develop your character and your combat style by choosing among many different talents and skills. In dynamic, real-time combat, face fearsome opponents including some of the most terrifying creatures of Mars. The craft system lets you create and modify your equipment, your weapons and your armor.

Your behavior during dialogues, as well as your choices and decisions will influence your companions and the fate of the people who will cross your path... and maybe the fate of all the colonies on Mars.

Mars War Logs will be available today worldwide for download on PC. The game will be available very soon on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network.
More information.

Can anyone explain how this game is controlled?
I absolutely hate console controls where you are "locked" into a specific action.
Looked forward to Witcher 2. At release I didn't even go through the tutorial. After 2.0 I lost motivation in the first chapter due to the console-like controls.
Kingdoms of Amalur was a little more "free" and therefore I liked it more. Still not my cup of tea and only played the beta.

Hm, looks interesting, despite the crappy title.

Let's see what the reviews say.

it is worse than i expected in some aspects, and better in others. Overall its worth it.
I'll clearly spend my weekend having fun with it. Looking forward to see the ramifications and replayability value.

Just started playing the game. Let me be frank if you loved their previous games you will like playing it. On the other hand if you didn't not much has changed.

Combat is action orientated with key bindings for skills. Dialogue is done like Fallout NV. NPCS's also react to the way you answer. You can be a hero, renegade, or a sarcastic fool.

I'm still playing the game so I can't give a full opinion but I'm loving it.:)

Last edited:
Loved Faerys of Avalon and eventually liked Orcs and Man so getting Mars is a no brainer. I expected it next year so this gives me some pause, but Bioshock Infinite is playing hell with my rig and I need a break.

Although the download is about 80% complete I wont be able to play until after work.

Can anyone explain how this game is controlled?

It's pretty much the same as any 3rd-person action-RPG. WASD-etc. You're given a choice in the menu to choose between keyboard and controller. It's obviously an Xbox port because the onscreen prompts show Xbox buttons regardless of which control scheme you choose. The prompts only show up during tutorials though.

Rather good, I'd say. Its not an Original Sin, but its fun for now.

Not only is it up on Steam, an advertisement is up on the top of RPG Watch!

I bought it, but have a serious issue (at last for me):

either i`m too stuipid as i dont see the solution for changing the keyboard bindings or it is not possible.... WASD is the default but i despise it and always use the cursor in games ....... this is a big deal for me, if i can`t change the keys....

I could fall back on some solution (some third party program which i used for dead space 1, which is loaded into the RAM and exchanges keys) but this a serious downside for me......

The setting however looks pretty intersting..... hjaven`t played much due to the reason mentioned above

I bought it, but have a serious issue (at last for me):

either i`m too stuipid as i dont see the solution for changing the keyboard bindings or it is not possible…. WASD is the default but i despise it and always use the cursor in games ……. this is a big deal for me, if i can`t change the keys….

I could fall back on some solution (some third party program which i used for dead space 1, which is loaded into the RAM and exchanges keys) but this a serious downside for me……

The setting however looks pretty intersting….. hjaven`t played much due to the reason mentioned above

You sure are a lannister, blinded by greed ;-)
Key binding is adjustable, keep looking.

Hear me Roar !!!!

(And I loved SOAIF before it became popular)

So could you enlighten me how i can change the keyboard bindings….. when you click in the game control tab you can manually invert the mouse and the sensitivity, however it is not possible to change the keys…. i tried all sorts of stuff: left-click, right click, middle click, return, space, tab….. you cannot highlight the keyboard bindings….. if you achieved to do this, tell me how….

and it seems i`m not the only one:
http://forum.mars-warlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54

Cheers,
L.

Last edited:
Hear me Roar !!!!

(And I loved SOAIF before it became popular)

So could you enlighten me how i can change the keyboard bindings….. when you click in the game control tab you can manually invert the mouse and the sensitivity, however it is not possible to change the keys…. i tried all sorts of stuff: left-click, right click, middle click, return, space, tab….. you cannot highlight the keyboard bindings….. if you achieved to do this, tell me how….

and it seems i`m not the only one:
http://forum.mars-warlogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54

Cheers,
L.

Just got a reply on this matter on their forum, which is not what I expected:

Re: Keyboard mapping?

Postby FocusTechSupport » 27 April 2013, 10:17
I am very sorry but currently the keys cannot be remapped in the game.

But there is a free tool available in order to create your own mapping keys for your applications:
http://www.autohotkey.com/
AutoHotkey works very well with the game Of Orcs And Men and this is the same game engine as Mars: War Logs.

We apologize for the inconvenience

Finished the game and honestly, I don't see the need to remap keys. I've finished the FNV replay 2 days ago where controls are different, for example TAB is PIPboy, and here is the "quickmap" and still had no problems to adapt to controls. So lack of keychanging option is IMO completely irrelevant.

In fact I ask of you how would those ppl adapt to Win8's Metro? Oh, they had no problems to adapt to smartphone games?
Some things I will never understand…

You did? Oh god! WHY?

In the beginning I hated the game. While the voice acting was fine the choice of dialects took me out of the game and perhaps to the Bronx???? Also shades of Beyond Divinity with its 2 character team. And yes it was a very short game. Very short. And it was on the rails game play.

But I soon got used to the voices and the 2 player team turned out to be nicely implemented. And while it was frustrating to see all these nice houses and store but not be able to enter a single one, the game artwork was good. And the story eventually evolved into a nice little fable of how the Orcs unjustly became the enemy of man, elf and dwarf. Nicely done.

you can see my evolution of the game "of Orcs and Men"
here
http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83490&p=1925856&hilit=of+orcs+and+men#p1925856

Story and 2 PC team idea were good indeed but (like with Ultima IX) it only magnified my feeling about how good this game could have been if the rest of it wasn't so bad…
And the ending was a nail in the coffin! I just hate it when you are given a choice which turns out not to be a choice after all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom