Just an observation on cleaning monitor screens

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch
Out of the blue I decided to try Hydrogen Peroxide and tissue paper to clean my monitor, and it's the best cleaner I've ever used! I know you're not supposed to use Window cleaner, and most people I know say you're supposed to use only distilled water for cleaning. Does anyone have any idea if Hydrogen Peroxide will damage the coating on a monitor? Thanks!

What kind of monitor? CRT or LCD??

And why do you have Hydrogen Peroxide at home? Are you Paris Hilton??? :biggrin:

Mo, are you implying that PH isn't really BLONDE!!!!!!!

And are you implying that anything on PH is actually REAL?????? :biggrin:

Well, I haven't checked, personally, but YOU obviously have INSIDE information!! :biggrin:

Yes, I do. Sort of. I mean... I tried. I only wanted to find out about her real hair color and when I finally got there, well, you know where... I found out she was shaved!!! And when I woke up and realized what the hell I was doing I had to... :puke: :puke: :puke: like mad... O_O

BTW, ya think this is helpful yet, Sir Markus? :biggrin:

Yeah Mo, keep this thing On Topic in the Off Topic forum why don't you!! :biggrin:

Well, H2O2 is a pretty strong base and I cannot imagine that will be very good for the coating on screen.

Peroxide would slowly etch into the coating making it soft and easily scratched when you wiped off the H202. Anyway, when you kill those things in your games you don't have to get the blood stains out, it is just pretend hun.

My favorite alternative use of peroxide is as a pesticide. Sometimes rather annoying types of bugs get a dose of it, like spider mites who survived the tropical-climate-in-a-plastic-bag treatment.

I wouldn't recommend using it on LCD displays, though, as it might dissolve the surface. Besides, you don't want it to get in touch with acetone (and you never know which materials they used in making that plastic coating...).

If your monitor is a CRT, on the other hand, you're fine. Peroxide is too weak to harm glass.

@Mo: there are three different 'hair zones' in people - 1: head hair, 2: eyebrow, axillary and pubic hair, 3: body hair. As opposed to popular belief, the colors of these zones don't have to match, which means that a person with dark pubic hair may just as well be a natural blonde... heh. It just means that looking at somebody's eyebrows will give you a good idea of the color of this somebody's pubic hair.
^
unnecessary info

Last edited:
I know we could take this post somewhere, but the question is, Do we DARE!! :)

Monitor cleaning to "unnecessary info" in 13 short posts ... sweet off topic forum!

well markus, i think it's safe to say that peroxide is a no-go for the monitor

I prefer to let a half inch or so of dust accumulate purrsonally. Keeps the glare down. When large chunks start falling off my screen like shelves off arctic glaciers, i just use windex. Seems to work fine ='.'=

I prefer to let a half inch or so of dust accumulate purrsonally. Keeps the glare down. When large chunks start falling off my screen like shelves off arctic glaciers, i just use windex. Seems to work fine ='.'=

Oh, that reminds me, I should probably start vacuuming my room some time these days. It's been feeling a lot like trudging through snow lately.

As for cleaning monitors, personally I use wet wipes for glasses...

Last edited:
I just sneeze and wipe it off with my sleeves. My monitors tend to have a color adjustement cause they're looking pretty green after a while.

Seriously now, I use a special cleaning towl for my tft and just a kleenex for the crt.

Back
Top Bottom