NevenTale - A User Driven MMORPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
NevenTale is a new MMO RPG kickstarter from a developer called Vavel Game Studio. They are asking for $2,000,000 to get funded, and describe the game as the following.

NevenTale is going to be the first game that would deliver the gameplay quality of an adventure RPG, by creating an endless tide of story-driven quests. It is going to be possible because the tools needed to create the game are going to be delivered to the player community. Once the players boost the game expansion process, the NevenTale will be updated with more gameplay hours than anyone would ever be able to finish.
So if anyone wants more coverage of the game let me know in the comment section.

More information.

I'm personally not interested in backing or playing MMOs of any kind, but this concept nevertheless looks interesting.

But I think the campaign has one crucial flaw: Even if they make it to get $2 million, it's not sure they can make this game. As you canm read in the FAQ, they say that $2 million isn't enough. They need external funding and said "We have already contacted some investors but they aren't really interested in the project at this point. Hopefully this will change as we progress through the Kickstarter campaign."
So they just don't have investors yet and it may well be that they won't find investors after a successfull campaign.

A modders paradise?
Sorry, but I don't see this succeeding in the planned form. To make a successful modding based product, it simply mustn't be MMO.
I'm not backing this one.

They are asking for a wack of money, the concept is certainly interesting but I doubt they'll get 2 million. If Pantheon wasn't down the road somewhere I might be more interested.

It appears they are just following $ hroud of the avatar and hoping for a crazy cashfall. Even the wording... 'rare set most valuable, for those that know how MMOs work' . As well as the 'we don't mind if you sell this for real money'.
I think they have a huge uphill battle but I have been wrong before.
Let's see how much effort they put into this without the 2 million or do they just have some pretty pictures and a concept.

It's not going to happen. They're an unknown studio with no advanced promotion and little to show. Kingdom Come provided a well-developed idea, demonstrated considerable progress, and generated lots of interest: they received £1,106,371. Lord British accumulated $1,919,276 for the Shroud of the Avatar MMORPG, and he is a well-known name. Very few game projects make it to 2 million.

They just released an update. I honestly don't think this game has a chance. The concept has merit but I can't see this succeeding in its current form.

If they get 100,000 they will have done well. There just isn't this level of financing available for this type of project. It is absurd unless the developers are hoping to use it as a shop window to attract a publisher.

Oh man! I would definitely support this, if only it was a single player game. I LOVE modding! But I loathe and despise MMO's.

Like others have said, I don't think this project will succeed. I hope the developers realise that there's really not much interest in a moddable MMO and decide to turn it into a single player game.

Last edited:
They nearly managed to encapsulate a kickstarter within a kickstarter.

Raising money for 10 % to be redistributed to willing modders who managed to collect enough popular support to carry out their mod project.
The big difference is that the money in a KS is given upfront. Very likely, rewarded modders will get theirs after the delivery.

Back
Top Bottom