The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Since this weekend the additional bonus is still valid, I'd advice you as well to do some high-level runs.

I'll do my low-level runs in the meantime. ;)

I've never been in the Shroud, so I wouldn't be against a visit. For that matter, there's several raids I've never had the chance to run so it would be nice to see a few of them at least once. According to az, I've got the magic touch for raid loot. Hopefully that's not tied strictly to Phuury...

I looked at GS crafting a little bit many moons ago, but never actually generated any plans. It seemed a little pointless since I hadn't done a Shroud run. I've managed well enough without any GS, so I wasn't overly worried about it. If we're going to do this, I'll tinker with a planner and see where it takes me. I think the basic ingredients (lily petals and funk and such) can be traded, so I'd pull everything from my toons on to a single character (probably Bot) and see what I can do.

I propose you go here and download the DDO game guide v3.6.0:

http://www.inferussus.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

It contains a lot of useful info for DDO players like a crafting planner for all types of crafting including the new ones. It can be used to track raid timers as well. You get a lot of nice info about raids, quests, maps and even solutions to puzzles in quests.

Part 3 of Shroud contains a puzzle part and you have a solver in the DDO guide I link to.

The guide will automatically be updated to v3.6.1 when you run the installer.

You can save your Greensteel items plans when you decide what to make and click on create to see what ingredients you need for each tier and where to find them.

Here is an example of what you will see for making a GS mineral II greatsword. The planner has graphics so you see graphically the materials and ingredients you need.

+5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2) With Holy, +2d6 vs. Evil, Acid Burst, +1d6 acid, +1d10/2d10/3d10 on crit - Stoneskin (2/day), +2 Constitution (Exceptional) - Transmuting, Keen/Impact, Slicing (+1d4 Bleed damage), +8 hardness, +80 durability

*********************************************************************************************************
* Green Steel Section *
* Altar of Fecundity - Meridia *
*********************************************************************************************************

Use either formula to create your item. Only one needs to be used.

+5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2)

Formula #1
Gather These Raw Materials:
1 - Bitterscrub Fungus From: Ritual Sacrafice, Running With The Devils
2 - Chipmunk Funk From: Coalescent Chamber, Let Sleeping Dust Lie
2 - Locus Husk From: Let Sleeping Dust Lie, Vale Rare Chests
2 - Glistening Pebble From: Rainbow In The Dark, Running With The Devils
2 - Lammanian Lily Petals From: Ritual Sacrafice, Vale Rare Chests
3 - Green Briar Twigs From: Coalescent Chamber, Rainbow In The Dark
4 - Eberron Energy Cells From: Vendor By Alter
5 - Shavarath Stones: Might (Ritual Sacrifice), Battle (Running with Devils), Strategy (Let Sleeping Dust Lie), Victory (The Coalescense Chamber), Foresight (Rainbow in the Dark)

Create - Ore of Travail
Combine:

Chipmunk Funk, Locus Husk, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Red Taper
Combine:

Chipmunk Funk, Lammanian Lily Petals, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Wonderous Balm
Combine:

Bitterscrub Fungus, Locus Husk, Lammanian Lily Petals, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Shavarath Signet Stone
Combine:

Stone of: Might, Battle, Strategy, Foresight, Victory

Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2)
Combine:

Shavarath Signet Stone, Eberron Energy Cell, Ore of Travail, Red Taper, Wonderous Balm

Formula #2
Gather These Raw Materials:
1 - Bitterscrub Fungus From: Ritual Sacrafice, Running With The Devils
2 - Chipmunk Funk From: Coalescent Chamber, Let Sleeping Dust Lie
2 - Locus Husk From: Let Sleeping Dust Lie, Vale Rare Chests
3 - Glistening Pebble From: Rainbow In The Dark, Running With The Devils
2 - Lammanian Lily Petals From: Ritual Sacrafice, Vale Rare Chests
2 - Green Briar Twigs From: Coalescent Chamber, Rainbow In The Dark
4 - Eberron Energy Cells From: Vendor By Alter
5 - Shavarath Stones: Might (Ritual Sacrifice), Battle (Running with Devils), Strategy (Let Sleeping Dust Lie), Victory (The Coalescense Chamber), Foresight (Rainbow in the Dark)

Create - Ore of Travail
Combine:

Chipmunk Funk, Locus Husk, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Red Taper
Combine:

Chipmunk Funk, Lammanian Lily Petals, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Wonderous Balm
Combine:

Bitterscrub Fungus, Locus Husk, Lammanian Lily Petals, Glistening Pebbles, Eberron Energy Cell

Create - Shavarath Signet Stone
Combine:

Stone of: Might, Battle, Strategy, Foresight, Victory

Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2)
Combine:

Shavarath Signet Stone, Eberron Energy Cell, Ore of Travail, Red Taper, Wonderous Balm

* Tier 1 Upgrade Section *
* Altar of Invasion - Shroud Part 1 *

Positive - Dominion - Material
Holy, +2d6 vs. Evil

Gather These Raw Materials (From Shroud Part 1 Chests):
2 - Small Glowing Arrowheads
2 - Small Gnawed Bones
1 - Small Infernal Chains
3 - Small Devil Scales
2 - Small Twisted Shrapnel
2 - Small Sulfurous Stones
1 - Shard Of Power
5 - Shavarath Low Energy Cells From Chests Within the Shroud, or the Vendor in Part 3

Create - Inferior Focus Of Positive
Combine:

Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Gnawed Bone, Small Devil Scales, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Create - Cloudy Gem Of Dominion
Combine:

Small Gnawed Bone, Small Infernal Chain, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Create - Diluted Material Essence
Combine:

Small Glowing Arrowhead, Small Devil Scales, Small Twisted Shrapnel, Small Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard Of Power (Positive)
Combine:

Inferior Focus Of Positive, Cloudy Gem Of Dominion, Diluted Material Essence, Shard Of Power, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2) With Holy, +2d6 vs. Evil
Combine:

+5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2), Imbued Shard Of Power (Positive), Shavarath Low Energy Cell

* Tier 2 Upgrade Section *
* Altar of Subjugation - Shroud Part 3 *

Earth - Dominion - Material
Acid Burst, +1d6 acid, +1d10/2d10/3d10 on crit, Stoneskin (2/day)

Gather These Raw Materials (From Shroud Part 2 & 3 Chests):
2 - Medium Glowing Arrowheads
2 - Medium Gnawed Bones
2 - Medium Infernal Chains
2 - Medium Devil Scales
3 - Medium Twisted Shrapnel
1 - Medium Sulfurous Stones
1 - Shard Of Great Power
5 - Shavarath Medium Energy Cells From Chests Within the Shroud, or the Vendor in Part 3

Power - Depleted Shavarath Medium Energy Cell With +6 to +15 Weapons (Combine Weapon & Energy Cell on Alter)

Create - Focus Of Earth
Combine:

Medium Glowing Arrowhead, Medium Gnawed Bone, Medium Infernal Chain, Medium Twisted Shrapnel, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Create - Gem Of Dominion
Combine:

Medium Gnawed Bone, Medium Infernal Chain, Medium Devil Scales, Medium Twisted Shrapnel, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Create - Material Essence
Combine:

Medium Glowing Arrowhead, Medium Devil Scales, Medium Twisted Shrapnel, Medium Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Great Power (Earth)
Combine:

Focus Of Earth, Gem Of Dominion, Material Essence, Shard of Great Power, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2) With Holy, +2d6 vs. Evil, Acid Burst, +1d6 acid, +1d10/2d10/3d10 on crit - Stoneskin (2/day)
Combine:

+5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2)(With Tier 1 Upgrade), Imbued Shard Of Great Power (Earth), Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

* Tier 3 Upgrade Section *
* Altar of Devastation - Shroud Part 5 *

Mineral II - Escalation - Material
+2 Constitution (Exceptional), Transmuting, Keen/Impact, Slicing (+1d4 Bleed damage), +8 hardness, +80 durability

Gather These Raw Materials (From Shroud Part 4 & 5 Chests):
4 - Large Glowing Arrowheads
2 - Large Gnawed Bones
3 - Large Infernal Chains
5 - Large Devil Scales
5 - Large Twisted Shrapnel
5 - Large Sulfurous Stones
2 - Shards Of Supreme Power
10 - Shavarath High Energy Cells From: Chests Within the Shroud, or the Vendor in Part 3

Power - Depleted Shavarath High Energy Cell With +8 to +15 Weapons (Combine Weapon & Energy Cell on Alter)

Create - Superior Focus Of Earth
Combine:

Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Gnawed Bone, Large Infernal Chain, Large Twisted Shrapnel, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Superior Focus Of Positive
Combine:

Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Gnawed Bone, Large Devil Scales, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create 2 - Flawless Gem's Of Escalation
Combine:

Large Infernal Chain, Large Devil Scales, Large Twisted Shrapnel, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create 2 - Pure Material Essences
Combine:

Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Devil Scales, Large Twisted Shrapnel, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Earth)
Combine:

Superior Focus Of Earth, Flawless Gem Of Escalation, Pure Material Essence, Shard of Supreme Power, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Positive)
Combine:

Superior Focus Of Positive, Flawless Gem Of Escalation, Pure Material Essence, Shard of Supreme Power, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Mineral II)
Combine:

Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Earth), Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Positive), Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2) With Holy, +2d6 vs. Evil, Acid Burst, +1d6 acid, +1d10/2d10/3d10 on crit - Stoneskin (2/day), +2 Constitution (Exceptional) - Transmuting, Keen/Impact, Slicing (+1d4 Bleed damage), +8 hardness, +80 durability
Combine:

+5 Greensteel Greatsword (3d6, 19-20/x2)(With Tier 1 & 2 Upgrade), Imbued Shard Of Supreme Power(Mineral II), Shavarath High Energy Cell

This is how Shroud crafting works.

First you need to complete all the 5 Vale quests so you get the 5 Shavarath Stones. Doing this will also flag you for the Shroud raid.

These are the 5 Shavarath stones you need:
Might (Ritual Sacrifice), Battle (Running with Devils), Strategy (Let Sleeping Dust Lie), Victory (The Coalescense Chamber), Foresight (Rainbow in the Dark)

These can be combined at the altar of Fecundia in Meridia to a Shavarath Signet stone. You need a signet stone for each Green steel item you want to make. So if you're out of signet stones you need to farm the Vale quests you need to gt the Stones you miss. Fortunately these stones can give given to others while they're in a chest so it's possible to get help from guildies to get multiple stones in one run if the others don't need theirs.

Once you have a Shavarath signet stone you can use the materials you pick up in the Vale to craft a greensteel blank item. That means a normal item with no particular bonuses. It's for the greensteel blank you need the chipmunk funks, greenbriar twigs, glistening pebbles, Lily petals, locust husks and Bitterscrub fungi

I'm sure all of you have a lot of these on different characters, maybe on some you have TR'ed already. These are fortunately tradable. So the first step before Greensteel crafting is to grab all the materials you have and put them in the bank so the one who will craft can get them. You need up to 3 items of each type to make the components for the greensteel blank.

The greensteel blank item is also created in the Altar of Fecundia in Meridia. You buy energy cells from the vendor there. You combine the materials with an energy cell and get crafted materials with special powers. These are combined and you use the signet stone to form the greensteel blank. The game guide contains all the recipes you need to make the greensteel blank.

Once you have a greensteel blank you can upgrade it up to 3 times to add more powers. You decide what you want and the game guide will give you the needed recipes so you know what to need.

Tier 1 upgrade will need a shard of power (bound to character so it can't be traded). The shard of power can be obtained in chests in Shroud part 1 + 2. In addition you need small Shroud materials you also get in the chests in shroud in part 1+2. You combine them with small energy cells to imbue the shard and then you combine the imbued shard with the greensteel blank item to form the tier 1 greensteel item. You craft the tier 1 either in the Altar of Invasion at the rest shrine in Shroud part 1 or at a guildship with this altar.

This is the reason people farm the shroud so they get enough materials to imbue their shards in addition to getting more shards to craft more items.

Last edited:
Tier 2 crafting is exactly the same as tier 1 except you need medium ingredients and a great shard of power. These are obtained in chests in Shroud part 3 and 4. The altar of subjugation needed to craft can be found in Shroud part 3, Amrath or at a guildship.

You need medium energy cells to craft and you find depleted ones in chests or you can buy them from a vendor in shroud part 3. You can energize these by using a weapon with rating 6 or higher (see upper right corner of description) with the energy cell at the altar. You need 5 cells per item at tier 2.

Tier 3 crafting is the same as tier 2, but you need large materials, supreme shards and high energy cells. You get them from Shroud chests in part 4 and 5. The altar of devastation is found at the end of part 5.

As an end reward for the shroud you get offered materials from any tier and even for the blank, shards, regular items and even items needed for the Amrath raid. At the end of your 20th run you get instead offered +2 and +3 tomes and an essence of cleansing (used craft a greensteel item so you can wear several at the same time. Otherwise you will get damaged if you wear more than one. Weapons are not counted).

The only items you can't trade are the shavarath stones you use to craft the signet stones and the shards of power. This means all people who want to craft will need to have run all Vale quests and done the Shroud at least once.

We are in the fortunate position and I and maybe even Azraelck have plenty of Vale materials for blank crafting and also tier 1 and tier 2 Shroud materials. So you will have a very good head start here since we can trade these to you before we make the run so all you need is to get the shards before you can make the crafting.

Cm ran with me one time in the Shroud and we had prepared a blank for her and we managed to get both the regular shard and the great shard so we upgraded her weapon to tier 2 at the end of the raid before we exited. So we can therefore get you up to tier 2 pretty quickly by doing a few shroud runs only.

In order for this to work well we need to first spend time on making sure you have the blanks you want. That means you need to spend time getting an item idea and find the recipes for that. I can help with telling you what you need once you say that kind of effects you want. We form the blanks in Meridian and trade the tier 1, 2 Shroud materials to those who need them and only then do we form the Shroud group. This way we only need the shards before we start the run and probably upgrade items at the end of the run. First time runners always get a shard of power and some of us will always get a great shard as well. I will give away mine to you and you might even get a supreme shard too. Usually I see about 6 shards of each type being picked in each raid run. Since we will be 5/12 we will on average get 3 of each type that we can give in the chests to those who need it.

Quite often people who join a Shroud run don't need shards and give them up for roll. Then you can join rolling for them so you get more shards too.

Once you start getting your first GS items you will think this is so fun so you want to continue. This crafting can be done by everyone as opposed to the regular crafting with the essences.

Before we start the Shroud run I will describe to you what to expect in each part so you can do what's needed of you. Here is a synopsis

Part 1: Break portals. Nice to have greater contruct bane or smiting weapons. If not use holy. This part is very simple. It only takes time.

Part 2: Kill 4 bosses. We need to kill them at almost the same time and then break the crystal in the center. The dead monsters move to the center to get revived so we need to bring them to the corners. Usually the elemental type boss is brought south east and the others north east. They are prepped by bringing the down to 10% health before the go ahead to kill them is given. Once they're all dead the barrier around the central crystal is broken so it can be destroyed (usually by a caster, but also by a ranger with manyshot).

Part 3: Is solving 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 or circular puzzles (12 in total). So each of us gets one puzzle to solve. You need to solve the puzzle to open the door to get out of the cell you're in. Then you go to the central room the obtain holy water to bring back to heads in rooms with solved puzzles. This is done to get 2 extra chests in the central room. Spinning blades move in the corridors connecting the cells so you need to heal up regularly.

It's expected that you use a solver (like in the DDO game guide) to solve your puzzle. If not you need to type where you are and what you need help with. E. g. Need help with SE 5x5 puzzle. Then people who can open locks can open the door to you and take over the solving.

Part 4: First encounter with the raid boss (a pit fiend). You need to kill 8 trash monsters first. Devils spawn blades when killed so we leave one alive before we heal and buff up and kill it so Harry (boss) spawns. Then we hit him with all we have. Melee will need silver + good weapons to break his DR. So make sure you have the right weapon type for him. Blades spiral towards him and once they're close the melee rush to the edge and we heal up for round 2. Then we kill 4 more trash devils and then Harry comes back. Gnolls come too and they heal him. So melee go for Harry, healers heal the melee and casters kill the gnolls. Usually Harry dies in round 2. Part 4 is where the group usually wipes because if you get killed you get teleported to part 5 and can't be resurrected. So we need skilled healers to ensure everybody stays alive.

Part 5: We all get teleported to the area where Harry and his dead bosses from part 2 were sent after death. We also die and become revived. Then we need to kill his bosses and when the final one dies we fight Harry again. Part 5 is rather easy since we can die and get resurrected. Casters can get mana back in pools in each corner.

Sounds complicated. Who makes up these things ? Incredible ! Even the crafting alone ...

It's done to give people something to do at high levels. It means people repeat high level quests hoping to gain something. By getting greensteel items you become more powerful and can do the more difficult quests and maybe start farming for epic items.

Crafting seems complicated, but it's actually simpler than you think if you have the planner. You just need to repeat the Shroud to get the needed materials and once you have enough you can make what you want.

It's definitely worth it and the Shroud raid is actually one of the more fun quests to do. I don't mind repeating it. It's more boring having to the repeat the Vale quests like the coalescence chamber for the greensteel blank materials and the parts of the signet stone.

What does this mean ? Is the coupon code the means to reduce the prices for the hirelings ?

Hirelings
Coupon Code WKL5RT
Redemptions 10/Account
Dates valid February 3 - 9
Store location Guilds & Hirelings → Hirelings
Level Varies
20 % Off !

Until February, 9th one can also get a "Box of chocolate" "for free" ("1/account") by using this coupon code : JLCL33

Yes, as with the chocolates, you enter the code at the time of purchase and the final price will adjust based on what the code offer is. The option to enter the code comes up at final purchase selection if memory servers. Or just prior to that last push of the button.

Ah, nice ! :)

Just about time to get the last bit from the bonus loot week ! :)

My second run through the Caverns Of Korromar was successful - great loot ! :)
The amounts of money were astonishing, too : My record lies in a chest having a little bit over 1000 Gold Coins ! :) (I think. Could have been Copper as well, but I rather believe it was Gold - my greed took me away from making a screenshot of this. ;) )

The end reward, however, wasn't that spectacular : 3 or 4 times a +2 or +3 armor piece in the list (Screenshot comes later) , just like during the Tear Of Dharkaan Quest …

My Ranger, however, just needs more money right now. The last run through the Caverns has damaged the items badly, and even with haggling I hasd to pay around 300 Platinum for repairs - by the way, I died 2 times in the last run. Once due to me picking up the wrong weapon, th second time because of the end monter (don't want to spoil any newbies or lurkers reading here … ;) )

And once again - the female Cleric named Flower was a good choice. :) Her summond Fiendish Monstrous Spider is often at least a good distraction, but oten even a good match for some enemies (undead ones less, of course. They hardly suffer from poison, I guess).

At one point her main weapon was destroyed by Oozes. It looked sad when she was trying to beat armored skeletons with her pure fists - wouldn't that hurt ?

Which let me come to the conclusion that a "Repair Service" in Stormreach would be a great thing. Or/and even additional NPCs in bigger quest areas which offer "Repair Service" for a fee of gold … I really missed a vendor(they usually can do that as well) in the outer Korromar quest regions …

And I wished that the "repair" spell would repair weapons and armor as well …

By the way, I have found out that - I think - the Artificier clas isn't correctly abbreviated (translated) on some scrolls … I'll send that in as a bug report.

You can purchase the ability to have stuff repaired in a dungeon from the DDO store.

Just found that out, too. Thanks nevertheless.

Our first guild shroud run was a success and we managed to craft a tier 2 greensteel item for Botdu (Dteowner) and Kerriabaka (Cm). Azraelck and I joined then for the run. I led the Shroud group using voice chat.

Botdu got more spellpoints and some other buffs. Cm got bracers with +5 will save, +15hp and panacea clickie (can remove a lot of negative effects). We even got her a belt of greater false life (+30hp). So Kerriabaka now has 45hp more than before. That's significant. Just as important is +5 will save so she won't be held etc. as often as possible.

I hope we can try other Shroud runs in the future because you need to run Shroud to get the shards. The small and medium ingredients I can help with. Maybe even Corwin can join us. I will lead the Shroud run and we start with the guildies and invite the remaining slots.

It would be nice if Cm and Dteowner could share their experience with their 2nd (Cm) and 1st (Dteowner) Shroud run. Maybe we can convince even Corwin that it's worth it. :)

Back
Top Bottom