Reader's Top 50 Games of 2007 @ Eurogamer

magerette

Hedgewitch
Around the time they published their own list of 2007's top games, Eurogamer asked readers to do their own vote, and the results have finally been posted. The games are listed in order of reader preference, with the site's take followed by users comments. Several RPG's, including The Witcher which didn't appear on the official top 50, made the list. Here's a snip:
23. The Witcher

Atari, CD Projekt / PC
What we said: "Well-intentioned clickety combat aside, The Witcher doesn't offer much the dedicated role-player won't have already seen elsewhere, but that's not such a bad thing. CD Projekt has taken time-tested elements from across the fantasy-RPG spectrum and tied them to a solidly crafted story that includes elements of racial discord, religious fanaticism and sexual promiscuity in its adults-only mix. Admittedly, these elements are rather crudely introduced and are handled with a rather endearing 'Look! Adult themes!' excitability, but there's certainly more to savour here than in most dungeon-crawlers. One for those who value story and character over technical innovation then, but definitely a game worth trying if the concept has tickled your fancy."

JayG: "The story, the graphics, the fighting way...simply amazing game."

Dynamize: "It's a modern RPG that actually has some tangible consequences to your actions and choices, and hasn't purged its fantasy world of the real world's thorny issues, darkness and unsavoury characters. This is good and to be encouraged. It manages all the previous, while also having solid character stat progression, a huge alchemy system, and satisfying punchfightswordkill situations; along with looking dashed pretty to boot....
Other RPGs on the list are, TES: Oblivion at # 49, PuzzleQuest at # 22 and Mass Effect at #5.
More information.

Last edited:
once again a BS list but atleast "The Witcher" was on that list unlike their own list. The comments that Eurogamer has about "The Witcher" are pure BS and I don't think they should be in this business.

What? That The Witcher is a game for people who like story? That it's not very innovative? The writing might not be the best, but I don't think he's too far off target.

I wasn't really meaning the entire comment but other then what you said and one other part the rest was crap.

I wondered about that, too. When I voted for The Witcher, I only had to go into their games database and click an option--wonder if you could have done that for ANY game?

Oblivion was released 24th of March 2006 in Europe, three days after the release in the US. It is most certainly not a 2007 game. However, Shivering Isles (add-on) was released in 2007, maybe that's why it made the list. It's still an odd addition though.

The PS3 version was released in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom