Nuclear Union Development Suspended

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to two posts on the Nuclear Union forums the game has been suspended. If you believe whats posted it has to do with the situation in Ukraine.

It may be a rumor but I'm inclined to believe it, but wont post this on the frontage.
Survarium forum. Another post apocalyptic game in development from the Devs of the Stalker series.

1) Nuclear union may be cancelled, there is a chance the devs split up… They are a Ukraine based company as well… And half of them supports the EU and the other half Russia.

2) "No scheduled date yet. It’s hard to predict due to the inner-team issues and to the overall situation that’s taking place in the [Ukraine]" 1c company.

"Unfortunately the development process on Nuclear Union has been currently suspended due to some issues within the development team, but I do believe these problems will be solved soon and we’ll be able to announce the new release date as it surely will shift."
Link- http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=39077&page=2

Oh, that would be a pity if true in the end :-/

Got a strong Stalker vibe from this game (Only this one would probably be an RPG ;) )…

Seen it a few days ago as I'm hyped over that game and visit 1c forum here and there since there are no updates on the official game site…
Didn't want to pass the news here since we get many RPGs this year so postponing one for the next year is not very bad news really.

According to TV news the situation in Ukraine is on the edge of a war and it's perfectly understandable anything that goes on there is stalling if not suspended. See, in a nearwar phase, all "normal" projects get stopped temporarily or permanently and instead of normal work ppl have to worry about war profiteers.

Since Nuclear Union is an unfinished piece of software, it's not interesting to ppl who would abuse the current situation, loot the cash/product, get rich and run. As such it's development will, if 1c continues to fund the project, continue. The only question is when. Noone can know an answer to that.

Well, considering the real problems caused by the political events in Ukraine this of course would be a minor negative effect only…

But still this game is on my list and I'd be really sad if it was canceled.

So far it's not cancelled.

That's why I said "if". ;)

Yea... But the lack of proper info is what's bugging me. I can read cyrillic letters, but don't speak their language, otherwise I'd try to dig out something on the developer site/forum. :(

When will the bloody realtime translator, startrek UT like, Microsoft is developing for years already, be available?

Well, for that Google Translate should be enough?

No. Googletranslate tends to be silly, incomplete and sometimes gives out a completely wrong translations.

Finally some word about it from the developer.
http://red-buzz.com/2014/03/what-happened-to-nuclear-union-from-best-way/

Much discussed Nuclear Union from Best Way was closed half a year ago right after Gamescom 2013. 1C-Softclub decided to focus on distribution instead of publishing and scraped it. It’s a pity, because Nuclear Union was actually 1C’s idea – they wanted to publish a Russian Fallout, every post-Soviet developer’s elusive dream.

Best Way owns assets and engine, but not the script, so they are remaking the project now. It will change title and story, but not the genre or setting. Best Way is looking for partners to finish a post-Nuclear Union (that’s my name for the game, not official one).

The project is not abandoned, but won't be finished soon and will be renamed. Definetly not the worst possible news we could get.

Thanks for the update Joxer. :highfive:

Seems it will take a few more years to finish the game if they do find a new publisher. I had a feeling this would happen after the lack of updates on the website.

I'll add it to the news tonight and give you credit.

Strange that they closed it but left the public uninformed ...

It's not strange - there is an ongoing political turmoil in Ukraine for ages and if it turns into a war, you can't know what will happen with projects like this one is.

Okay, I didn't quite realize it was made in the Ukraine.

And I have some news.
BestWay didn't scrap the work they made before 1c shoved them off, instead, they're trying to get someone interested into RPG of their own. The project is named Project 5, that won't be the game title.

Want a vid? Sure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtvKDSEI1w0
Translated the title should say "Project 5 (old Nuclear Union)". Looks too much Bethfallout-y for my tastes but if mobs won't respawn, I won't complain.

Thanks for the link Joxer I made a news-bit to share the good news. One thing I notice is you now choose your character instead of playing a middle-aged pilot.

I also noticed the consolized combat, but the game does look good.:)

Back
Top Bottom