Risen 2 - First Screens!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
these are artworks (even risen2.com says so)
btw - looks like pirates of the caribbean and the guy running over the bridge looks like a jack-sparrow-wanna-be ;-)

To me, that's nice. :)

An RPG set within the "Pirates Of The Carribbean" setting ? I don't think anyone did that before ... :lol:

these are artworks (even risen2.com says so)
btw - looks like pirates of the caribbean and the guy running over the bridge looks like a jack-sparrow-wanna-be ;-)

Target-Artworks.

I'll just take it as that. These graphics are what they have worked on so far, but depending on peformance or further development some features may be gone by the time of release.

I like this approach. We've seen from screenshots of other games that when a game is early in development some features may get cut by the time of release. Resulting in accusations of the dev lying. Fact is features get cut when they don't work out (gameplay or performancewise).

So they are technically still screenshots taken from a game engine. Just a safeguard for when they don't represent the finished product.

To me, that's nice. :)

An RPG set within the "Pirates Of The Carribbean" setting ? I don't think anyone did that before … :lol:

I have difficulty understanding internet sarcasm. But if you were sarcastic the :lol: should be replaced with a ;) .

wtf, a rifle (scroll the island to the left)? in fantasy setting?
edit: just noticed a pistol mentioned in the article. anw, this might be quite a twist.

I want to be a sniper in Risen 2.
I hope there will be a full skill tree for this. :)

I don`t see the problem with guns itself - just another ranged weapon. This is not gonna be AK 47`s after all.

Fable-like fate would be terrible, no doubt - but it`s just a screenshot.

Looks good. I see no relation to Fable except for the rifle.

Fable has an obvious cartoon-flavor, which this doesn't really seem to have.

It looks very much like the first game in a pirate setting.

Unfortunately, it gives us next to no actual information about the game - so I think it's pretty useless.

Looks good. I see no relation to Fable except for the rifle.

Fable has an obvious cartoon-flavor, which this doesn't really seem to have.

It looks very much like the first game in a pirate setting.

Unfortunately, it gives us next to no actual information about the game - so I think it's pretty useless.

You are right, we really dont have much to go on... The last game was an island setting and this seems to be of the same flavor. I like it, its moving away from the classic RPG setting and moving into a unique setting of islands, pirates, ect.

Of course it doesn't look like Fable graphically.

I just don't like the idea of guns in Risen. PB's explanation should be interesting at least...

I would *love* a Risen game set in a very "tropical", warm, pirate-y type of setting. And it wouldn't take a huge nudge to have pushed the original Risen into that direction, hope they go for it.

First of all, Redguard came to mind when seeing these pics, so happy here.

Secondly, is it me, or are these "screenshots" actually artwork? The do seem like screenshots when small-ish , but in www.risen2.com, if you open them and look they are a LOT more like drawn artwork then in-game screens (the trees, the sea, the birds/sky especially stand out).

that is concept art... another thread which doesn't make a difference between concept art and screenshots...

Like I said in the other thread I really love the bright, vibrant look and the pirate theme... good stuff. Time to shake things up!

Back
Top Bottom