Daggerdale - Screens @ Worthplaying

I hope you can turn off the crazy trails of whatever following the weapons I guess.

I hope you can turn off the crazy trails of whatever following the weapons I guess.

Very doubtful if this type of game would have that kind of customization.

Tbh, it just looks like Dungeon Siege 2 to me, it's hard to get excited about such an overdone concept / style.

Very doubtful if this type of game would have that kind of customization.

Tbh, it just looks like Dungeon Siege 2 to me, it's hard to get excited about such an overdone concept / style.

I agree. I just don't understand why they decided to make a B grade game. There is a goldmine in the D&D license so why not go all out and make a hard core D&D game with and epic story? I am curious to see what the new Neverwinter will be like, but there still is so much more that can be done with that license...

I agree. I just don't understand why they decided to make a B grade game. There is a goldmine in the D&D license so why not go all out and make a hard core D&D game with and epic story? I am curious to see what the new Neverwinter will be like, but there still is so much more that can be done with that license…

I'm gonna guess that they like money? I'd bet any sum you'd like that a middling-to-decent action-game-with-skill-trees would earn more than a hardcore d&d game. I'd *love* a hardcore d&d game but they become less likely as studio budgets increase.

Nonsense, the BGs and NWNs sold in the millions, go see how much Demon Stone, Daggerdale and its ilk make.

I'm afraid the days of seeing an old school D&D license game are over. Development costs are on the rise and the market for that type of game is getting smaller. Its the same thing that's happened to jrpgs. If you dont change to cater the market tastes your games gets reviewed poorly and is doomed no matter if its good. Its sad but that's the reality of the game business. I was looking forward to NWN3 instead I'm getting an mmo that can be played solo. Not what I wanted.

Actually, there is a 8 minute long preview by a Polish magazine which showcases the game, the interface and overall gameplay.

Take a look at it on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYpdeGVsBZc&feature=related

No I dont understand Polish too. =p But it seems they refer to it as a hack and slash game with rpg elements - I would have rather wanted it to be the other way around, but I guess that's the sign of the times these days.

Anyway, take a peek, it pretty much shows what you've all probably expected/feared.

Nonsense, the BGs and NWNs sold in the millions, go see how much Demon Stone, Daggerdale and its ilk make.

Maybe NWN sold more but the development costs were a lot higher. And now the questions is which game makes more profit.

And there are of course a dozen or so other issues that factor in choosing what sort of game is developed.

I also think the days of D&D tabletop simulation games are over. I use the term "tabletop simulation" to avoid the loaded and silly term "hardcore."

People who actually know D&D rules coming into a computer game are getting older. I'm 40 now and grew up with tabletop games and very rudimentary CRPGs that closely emulated tabletop play. The younger market grew up with MMORPGs and action rpgs, and this is the way the business is evolving. I find it extremely unlikely that any large company will ever release a game again where the player is expected to be at least somewhat familiar with the rules of a tabletop game before playing.

Yes, but there's also a "Retro" fashion currently growing ...

I don't know da2 had so little quality content that it could fit on a 5.25 floppy. Is that retro gaming.:)

Well, what I mean that there are 1-2 gaming magazines about Retro Gaming here.

Gotta love the quote at the top of the box art:

81ykgzR5mZL._AA1486_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom