The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Ships & Related News @ Official Site

magerette

Hedgewitch
Load/Save time got sped up back in version 1.2, so that's been fixed for at least 6 months.

Odd, in one of the Gametrailers videos, they say that the enhanced edition can be downloaded when the game ships. It's shipped here in North America but we can't download the update yet. I guess the website is right and the video is wrong.

I hope they update the demo version of the game, too. Quite a few folks are going to want to see that before they buy the game. It's going to reek if that's still on an old version.

Load times were improved with the patches but nothing like the improvement (supposedly) that the EE brings. I personally didn't notice a difference in loading times from original to the patches.

I did notice a difference. They were still annoying in some parts of the game, though, especially the Trade Quarter.

EE in 3...2...1...

Odd, in one of the Gametrailers videos, they say that the enhanced edition can be downloaded when the game ships. It's shipped here in North America but we can't download the update yet. I guess the website is right and the video is wrong.
It ships in Western Europe on the 19th.

I'm so excited. Like many, I found the game to be enticing but stopped playing near chapter 2 due to game stability. With the additions and fixes this mega-patch addresses, I might just be a few days away from a new favorite. Something to do until Fallout 3 and Fable 2!

Id buy the enhanced edition as an expansion pack but they put a full price on it.
That's because it's a full game.

If you just want the difference between the normal game and the EE, then that's free.

I just learnt that The Witcher EE won't be available through Steam in Australia :(

Does any one know what DRM the actual boxed version will come with?

That's because it's a full game.
Full old game to be exact. Old games dont sell for full price. Ive seen many special or enhanced editions with extra contents and they are often not full priced because they are basicly just rereleasing the same game.

I dont like this kind of publishing because it punishes those who originally bought the game. Those who didnt buy it previoisly can buy the original edition for 20€ and d/l enhances or pay 14€ more and get the new printed material too. The original buyers who were biggest fans can d/l the enhances for free but if they want the new printed material they need to buy the game again for full price (20€ + 14€).

They are most likely just cashing in for the popularity - those who d/l the game for free previously might now buy it since they have become fans (like one person I know in irl). The enhanced edition is selling like hot cakes - it outsold immediatly in play.com for example.

Ill just wait for the price to drop to tolerable levels and then snatch it.

If you just want the difference between the normal game and the EE, then that's free.
According to another site the d/l doesnt have the novel - one of the things that I wanted. Even then Id still prefer to read it from my hand than from computer screen.

Last edited:
A funny thing as I got sick yesterday.. you know: feaver, flue, sore throath.. So can't get to work, but i'll get to play witcher all day tomorrow! Isn't it a bliss? :) (that is if I manage to get a bit better by then. Right now i'm just using my laptop from the bed. Yes i'm a very sad sick geek. The doctor I went to see today morning ordered me to get some rest, but I don't feel just resting..I'm too tired to read anything, but chatting online..I'm obviously never too tired for that....:p

Full old game to be exact. Old games dont sell for full price. Ive seen many special or enhanced editions with extra contents and they are often not full priced because they are basicly just rereleasing the same game.

I dont like this kind of publishing because it punishes those who originally bought the game. Those who didnt buy it previoisly can buy the original edition for 20€ and d/l enhances or pay 14€ more and get the new printed material too. The original buyers who were biggest fans can d/l the enhances for free but if they want the new printed material they need to buy the game again for full price (20€ + 14€).

They are most likely just cashing in for the popularity - those who d/l the game for free previously might now buy it since they have become fans (like one person I know in irl). The enhanced edition is selling like hot cakes - it outsold immediatly in play.com for example.

Ill just wait for the price to drop to tolerable levels and then snatch it.

I don't really understand your criticism. All the gold editions or games sold under a "Classic" or equivalent label are indeed just a re-release of the original game. Yes the box artist had to take the original box art picture, reduce it in size and fit it into the blue frame for that Classic label look. If any patches were released between the original release date and re-release date they are included in the "new" version, which means around 30 minutes work for one person and the build of a new installer file. All in all, a few hours of work and it is off to the printers.

In the case of The Witcher Enhanced Edition we're talking about engine tweak, additional animaitons, re-recording of several thousand dialog lines, variety enhancements (many of which requires manual placement throughout the game), additional quests, a truckload of bonus material in both the retail and the downloadable versions and a short story ... all available for the standard prize of a game or available as a free download for those who already bought the game.

How can you be in anything but awe about what they are offering for free?

I bought the original and I'm going to buy the Enhanced Edition if for no other reason then just to show my appreciation to the developers for the huge amount of work they've put into making the Witcher as great as humanly possible.

I don't really understand your criticism. All the gold editions or games sold under a "Classic" or equivalent label are indeed just a re-release of the original game. Yes the box artist had to take the original box art picture, reduce it in size and fit it into the blue frame for that Classic label look. If any patches were released between the original release date and re-release date they are included in the "new" version, which means around 30 minutes work for one person and the build of a new installer file. All in all, a few hours of work and it is off to the printers.

In the case of The Witcher Enhanced Edition we're talking about engine tweak, additional animaitons, re-recording of several thousand dialog lines, variety enhancements (many of which requires manual placement throughout the game), additional quests, a truckload of bonus material in both the retail and the downloadable versions and a short story ... all available for the standard prize of a game or available as a free download for those who already bought the game.

How can you be in anything but awe about what they are offering for free?

I bought the original and I'm going to buy the Enhanced Edition if for no other reason then just to show my appreciation to the developers for the huge amount of work they've put into making the Witcher as great as humanly possible.

+1 (and limit)

Back
Top Bottom