Planet Explorers - Preview @ IGC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found a new preview of Planet Explorers on IGC about the games beta version.

For a game about building and taking in beautiful environments you sure do a lot of killing. It’s much like how your first action in Watch_Dogs, a game initially promising to be a more clever affair, is to pull a trigger. It would have been much more fitting to just start you off with a basic pack of supplies and maybe have you avoid some wandering creatures that could kill you in an instant rather than just farming stupid herbivores for their parts like the cyborg from last night’s Doctor Who (Aha, topical reference). There’s no survival to it, and at its worst, it just feels like an MMO farming simulator. Go here. Get ten bear kidneys. Marvel at how some bears don’t have any kidneys. Repeat until you throw up.
More information.

It's singleplayer IIRC, so not MMO elements. I'd say it sounds like Diablo clone only without clickfest.
I'm backer btw, hopefully it's only beta that sucks.

hmm the screeshots seemed very alike to an old cool rpg game with the same concept. about a human stranded on an alien planet, discovering his way upwards the different alien hirarchies until he can find a way back home.
something very 2000'ish. can anyone remember its name?

hmm the screeshots seemed very alike to an old cool rpg game with the same concept. about a human stranded on an alien planet, discovering his way upwards the different alien hirarchies until he can find a way back home.
something very 2000'ish. can anyone remember its name?

Are you thinking of Outcast, perhaps?

nailed it! yes! was I close(that it resembles outcast)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom