White Gold - English Community Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Guenthar sends news that Wesp (from Vampire: Bloodlines fame) has completed Russian-to-English translation mods for both of Deep Shadows' newest games, White Gold and Precursors.
Word is that everything is translated except some cut-scenes and the text for those is included in the Readme files.
Both are hosted at The Patches Scrolls, with White Gold here (59Mb) and Precursors here and problem reporting on their forums.
More information.

Cheers!

I already play the mod for White Gold and I must say - the game is F U N.
It has a little "Gothic-with-M16-on-an-exotic-island" feelng in it and I simply love it! :)

Where can a european order russian games?

Great work as usual Wesp! :)

I can't fathom why they haven't made this game available on Steam or at least some online service.

Deep Shadows has never released it through any place outside of the CIS that I know of and no one has found it either. The only known way of buying it is through Ebay.

I wander if there is still any chance Precursors to be released in English....? Info anyone?

I wander if there is still any chance Precursors to be released in English….? Info anyone?

I haven't seen anything mentioned. I would love to see an official English version of Precursors, but I very much doubt it's going to happen.

I didn't want to resurrect this semi old thread but since you did it for me I will add my 2 cents.

I bought a copy of White Gold from the same seller (ideashop2010) on the US version of ebay and it works as advertised. No DVD key (I assume there was multiplayer if you had a DVD key) and no manual (it wouln't be in English anyway) but the game works just fine. It's funny that I got my copy of WG from the Ukraine faster than I got my recent order from gogamer (not to disrespect gogamer, I love them). The tracking thingy he linked to wasn't worth a crap though.

White Gold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenus-2-White-G...5782?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43a3a23656

Install the Russian 1.1 patch and wesps 1.1 translation patch and you're good to go.

Oh, the English translation is really sketchy but still playable. Some stuff just sounds very very odd. Like the dialogue in Stalker Clear Sky only much much weirder.

I just ordered Precursor from him as well (haven't got it yet but I assume it will work too).

Also you do not have to register at ebay or use paypal (assuming you have a credit card). Both times I've checked out as a guest and paid directly with credit card.

Last edited:
I think these no manual versions are not 100% legit or at least they are a bit suspicious. Funny thing is I paid a dollar less for full boxed version of White Gold.:D

Now I am waiting for a boxed version of Precursors to show up on his auction list.

As for the Wesp patches. He is working on the updated version for both White Gold and Precursors but no release date announced so far.

I dunno if they're legit or not but White Gold at least does do a DVD check every time it runs. I can't imagine why they'd copy that "feature" as well as the game itself. And the packaging looks real enough.

Beats me, the fact that it works is good enough for me. It would be nice if the developers were getting their share though.

Back
Top Bottom