The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You may want to pick one or the other to push to 18 quickly, Peter. Since the 13/14 group is probably going to be it for a little while, you'll need someone to run with them while Corwin and Reywind are out and about.

I'd suggest the Arty. Our 18 group lacks a trapper since Pump is sitting at 20, and I'm not running him since Fireflash needs so much xp. And the 13/14 group should be closing in on Aneira, who can fill in the stabbity death and blowing up trap boxes disabling traps needs.

I forgot I have a level 17 cleric I can help with. My arti managed to run Cursed crypt in a pug to get the silver flame necklace upgraded. Now I only need to do that on my monk.

Both my monk and artificer finally got their tier 3 of the silver flame necklace. Both ran cursed crypt without having to do the boring flagging quests.

My artificer is now level 15 after completing Lordsmarch 1. He has no more level 12 quests to do. He will start working on Gianthold and Lordsmarch 2. He is half a rank from level 16. So I hope to bring him to level 18 soon so he can play with the level 18 group in the absence of Leywind and Corwin travelling to Canada.

Unless Aletys has made a lot of progress or chooses to do other things, we won't be running 18s. Pretty sure her top dog is still at 13, although she was on the ceiling so she could get as far as 15 in a real hurry.

As mentioned before, Shadohe is lvl14 and has completed all the content prior to GH. I've got absolutely no problem repeating stuff if those are the toons we end up running. Running on elite, I don't think she'll screw up anyone's bravery bonus.

The lvl18 squad has completed all the level 16 content. It's possible that someone missed something since we didn't actually complete the Vale at the same time, but I'm pretty sure everyone got everything. Those toons can safely take their level 19 if they've got it (Wouldii already did). We've got 3 chains available in level 17 content: Reavers, Harpers (Druid's Deep), and Harbinger2. I believe most of us have done the outdoor stuff in Reavers and that's fairly easy for someone to solo if they need it, so we'll probably ignore that for now. I'm thinking we knock out the Harpers chain first whenever that group runs. It would be fairly easy with a full party *grumble grumble*. Then we move on to Harbinger2. We've basically got 4 levels of content to get 2 toon levels, so we should have plenty of options for what we decide to run, even the 3rd lifers.

Last edited:
ATM am in limbo on Friday. Will let you know but RL is eating my time right now.

I played my arti a lot today. He started at level 14 and is now 18 (holding 19). I managed to do all Gianthold quests (except Crucible) + explorers and all Vale quests + 1 Shroud run.

So he should be at level with the rest of the people in the 18-19 group. He can probably take level 19 since the quests remaining is 17+ for the TR group.

Now I have another shroud runner. :)

Current sale :

20 % off

- Adventure Packs
- Quest XP Elixirs

Free Item of the week :

June 28th - July 4th
Small Jewel of Fortune x1
Use Coupon Code FSJF8
1 / Account

I will be there as well. Got it all done for today and will most likely fall asleep on you, but will be there. lol

Looks like Turbine is back to monkeying with long-existing systems for the sake of monkeying with long-existing systems. At least this time it looks like minimal/no nerfage.

They are also previewing alpha-2 of the enhancements. I'll comment on them when I look through and understand them better.

The main change is that various bonuses that formerly stacked will no longer stack.

This means: Dodge, Exceptional Skills will no longer stack with different levels of the same. However, existing numbers are doubled. So a Dodge 2% item will soon be 4%. An Exceptional Skill +3 will be +6.

This has a profound effect on GS items with exceptional skills, such as my CHA skills items. However, I do not know if old items with these modifiers will be altered retroactively.

Also, due to everyone and their goat having True Sight/Detect Secret Doors clickies, the devs are revamping those spells so they can actually place secret doors which require searching rather than being level 5 and having completed Threnal and Delera's Tomb at least once.

*Edit*

Cleric Enhancements have been improved. Not much, Healing "Domain" was renamed back Radiant Servant, still marginally bad due to massive waste in points to get to what you actually want. Protection lost the fake "Domain" at the end, still sucks. There's a new tree though, Divine Disciple. It's actually good. +2 Necro/Evo DCs, spell power for light, fire, and force, and additional Spell choices in negative energy and light spells. Including some I've made good use of as a Druid.

So while the War Priest is lacking, they did put in a caster PrE tree. And initial feedback is that, other than "Dark" Clerics being shafted somewhat in the SLA department, it's actually pretty decent.

*Edit 2* They are apparently remodeling the Harbor. The dragon who keeps landing in the market came in after eating a particularly nasty burrito, and.. um… had an accident.

*Edit 3* Some of the faith-based feats formerly only available to Favored Souls will be available for a regular feat slot for Paladins and Clerics. Also, the level 6 abilities, like Unyielding, will be auto-granted feats.

*Edit 4* Items are being upgraded again. Some of the old effects now have differing levels, like Axeblock VI granting DR12 vs Slashing damage. There are also Cursed items shown, with penalties when equipped (but this lowers the ML). You can also find Masterfully Crafted items with lower ML as random-gen.

*Edit 5* C is for Cookie. That is good enough for me.

*Edit 6* Someone has reported Running With the Devils damage being 80 a shot on elite, instead of 120-150, like pre-U14. And there's an Epic feat that grants perma-Haste.

Last edited:
I finally managed to craft my first "old" epic item using base item, scroll, seal and shard. I ran epic vault of night 5-6 and got the seal of Belt of Mrorannon I was missing. I was looking for the missing shard of Sword of Shadows, but that one never drops.

THis is how the epic item looks like:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Belt_of_the_Mroranon

It's pretty good, but nothing special compared to what you can get from Eveningstar and epic Gianthold.

Chances are very good I'm out tomorrow. The Wild Dogs are doing the parade down here and apparently they're holding it later than last year. Probably something to do with 100deg temps at 5pm last year… By the time it's over and I get everyone fed, it will be pretty late.

Feel free to run whatever, though. I'll have the weekend open since the Mrs works, so I can probably catch up if needed. My memory of our status:
Lvl 7's - waiting on Corwin and Leywind, I think we're ready for lvl6 content now. (Klubbir is on track content-wise and holding lvl8, barely into 1st rank)
Lvl 14's - I believe that "group" is ready for Lordsmarch2 and that's it before GH. JM and Aletys might have some lvl11 content remaining that they want to finish, but I don't know their exact situation. (Shadohe has run everything prior to GH and I believe is 3 ranks into lvl14)
Lvl 18/19's - As expected, this group is disintegrating a bit so content completion will be hit-n-miss. We're done with lvl16 content. The lvl17 content to run is Reavers, Harpers, and Harbinger2. After that would be IQ1 (Jeets). (Wouldii has run Harpers and both IQ's, and is 47k XP from cap, my intent was to run RhoGu with this group once Wouldii caps, he's 4th rank of lvl17 IIRC and ready for all the same lvl17 content).

My long term plans, in case anyone is also thinking ahead…
Phuury (lvl24 pale master) will stay up for epic content
RhoGu (lvl17 arty) will probably be my next TR, into an assassin rogue, and will get plenty of exercise working toward capping
Wouldii (lvl19 nun) will probably go into hibernation once he caps
Shadohe (lvl14 monk) will run as needed for Fridays/pickups but not beyond that, at least until that lvl13/14 group catches up
Botdu (lvl8 arcane archer) will probably become my prime solo/pickup runner
Klubbir (lvl7 bard) will stick with her Friday group and only run when they do

Since all 6 of my toons are 2nd lifers, I don't really care about skipping some content or religiously maintaining bravery bonus. That gives me a little more flexibility than some of you 3rd lifers.

Last edited:
The status for my toons is like this:

KarlPeter (level 7 fighter holding 8. Done with level 5 quests)
Petresus (level 14 monk ready for Lordsmarch 2 and Gianthold walk-ups.)
RolfPeter (level 18 cleric. Done the Spinner chain and working on Vale. Will get flagged for Shroud today. Can do harbinger 2, IQ 1+2 etc.)
Pitrelon (level 20 artificer. Can help you with level 18+ quests)
Peters (level 21 fighter. Can help with level 19+ quests)
Peterp (level 25 cleric. Epic toon, can play anything epic like Epic GH).

Last edited:
Not sure of our status, but hope to join you for at least part of the session. Will update when able to do so.

I'm in, not sure if I'm working Sat yet, but I kinda doubt it, usually I know before Friday.

Rachail - L3 - I have no idea what is up with her. I think she had finished most of the Harbor 2's.

Mirys - L7 - A bit off of 8, same place quest wise as the other 7's

Aerie - L9 - A rank in, still has some level 6's to work through, most of the 7's are actually done.

Ijii - L13 - Almost 14, may be 14. I really don't care about this one, so if we can, I'll bring Aneira in.

Aneira - L15, not far from 16. Waiting on someone to catch up to her basically.

Cairii - L16, almost 17. Working on Vale quests right now

Deamonfang - L15, don't care.

Fireflash - L18, holding 1 rank into 19. She's done IQ1 and 2 except for Dreamforge, so is probably going to be repeating for the most part.

Suisaidh and Mr Pump are both 20, and have done little-to-nothing past heroic stuff.

Mureall is L23, and stands for the Epic stuff.

Long term, I want to get Mirys and Aerie to 20 again. Fireflash is obvious. Beyond that, my next TR will likely be a Monk (Mureall most likely) or into Sorcerer again (Mirys or Aerie, depending. Mirys is better geared for TRing).

Free item of the week :

July 4th - 11th
Siberys Spirit Cake
Use Coupon Code RISE5
1 / Account

A good and handy thing everyone should have, I believe.

30 % off (yes, thirty this time ! ) :

- Inventory Space Upgrade
- Jewels Of Fortune
- Bells Of Opening
- Slayer Count Boost

New : "Bigby's Handy Box : http://www.ddo.com/en/news/limited-time-bigby’s-handy-box

The box itself is said to be "freely tradable" unopened,
and after opeining it is "bound to account".

Good Luck ! :)

Back
Top Bottom