The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

If we're talking about the 80s... I'm just listening to Japan's 'Taking Islands in Africa', my favorite song from their 'Gentlemen take Polaroids' album.

Haha ... talk about group-think! On the way home I started with some John Zorn and quickly skipped to a playlist with an assortment of stuff from Real Genius and Ferris Bueller:

Number One from Real Genius.

Samhain - Initium

The album that sold me on this band. Killer cover!

4141PWT8MBL._AA240_.jpg

They're such nice boys... ;)

Thee Heavenly Music Association for me. I wish they'd get back in the studio. The cd is strange in that I don't really get too excited about several of the components they use but somehow it works. Somehow they mix a bunch of sandpaper and end up with silk.

Listening to Deathstars: Blitzkrieg Boom. HUbby bought me therir Termination Bliss album only yesterday :).

ZZ Top: World of Swirl

Because once people know you like something they often tend to flood you with more of the same ... and want you to open and listen while they are there ...

The Essential Jaco Pastorius

Which is a decent collection but contains mostly stuff I already have, and isn't up to my favorite collection of his stuff, Punk Jazz. But I ripped it to my iPod anyway ...

You aren't aiming that observation at sweet little old me, are ya Mike? ;)

Wouldn't dream of it, Giggles. Mrs dte loves that song and the Wild Dogs sing "Glamorous" about every 6 minutes, so I've gotten used to Fergie. Besides, with that ongoing Kanye West "problem" of mine I'm in no position to throw stones for now.

Dug out Tearwave today for the first time in a few weeks. Yep, still wonderful stuff.

You aren't aiming that observation at sweet little old me, are ya Mike? ;)

Not at all - I got the new collection as a gift while the people were visiting and had to put it on. Fortunately the 'Punk Jazz' collection isn't something that is in regular play or my kids would likely have said something. My wife held her tongue since she bought my the 'Punk Jazz' collection and knew that the best thing was all the rarities and live stuff.

I know, I was just giving myself a little poke for spreading the Shoegaze Gospel to anyone within shouting distance.

Back
Top Bottom