Two Worlds II: PotFF - Preview, Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here are a couple of new Two Worlds 2: Pirates of the Flying Fortress items courtesy of Demonic at the official Zuxxez forums. First, a short PAX preview at Platform Nation:
Something I should mention is how absolutely annoyed I was by the first Two Worlds and its screen lag. The screen lag killed what I felt could have been a fantastic game for me. I witnessed zero screen lag, and I know I had seen it in demos of Two Worlds 2 beforehand; it was altogether missing, and I commend the team at Reality Pump for putting so much time into fine tuning the subtle details of TW2′s world. I was shown an extensive demo, including a handful of levels. The one I was most struck by was a “Fragmented Dream” world that had beautiful Sepia tones and a slightly altered camera view. The dream world was striking visually, and I was told it was a large part of “Pirates Of the Flying Fortress’s” plot. This expansion really looks to serve TW2′s world well, as everything I was shown looked very different from the general fantasy vibe of the first and second games. That’s not to say that it doesn’t fit well into the TW2 universe, but it will do a superb job of opening up new avenues, and allowing for what feels like natural progression of the TW2 universe.
...and a trailer at Youtube.
More information.

Very cool that the "Velvet edition" with lots of goodies costs the same price as the original game. Now if only they can manage to get it distributed here in the states this time around...

Is this going to "fill in" an area on the map for the original game that was previously unplayable? If so, I might finally pick up TWII. Or is it just an entirely new game?

Hearing it was more linear than the first and that you could not explore all of map release made me pass on the game.

Is this going to "fill in" an area on the map for the original game that was previously unplayable? If so, I might finally pick up TWII. Or is it just an entirely new game?

The former, I believe. It's definitely not stand alone. They have two versions, the GOTY version and the expansion only version at a lower price point which requires the base game. Amazon Germany has them both listed.

Hearing it was more linear than the first and that you could not explore all of map release made me pass on the game.

I asked on the official forum and was told no, it's a whole new set of islands.

I also felt thoroughly disappointed when I heard you couldn't get to that big island. I think it's for multiplayer only.

They still never released an editor for mods, correct?

I'm not buying this expansion if I can't beat the end game boss. I've been trying to beat it on and off (ok that didn't sound too good) and I just can't beat him! IT MAKES ME MAD.

It is a new set of islands in that same game world and not a separate game. It doesn't give access to areas that were blocked off in the original game.

So the game will be released in 2013 then as Topware are terrible with the US releases of there games:rolleyes:. I except I will have to either import or buy it digitally while hearing excuses on why its delayed.

Back
Top Bottom