Skyrim - Legendary Edition Confirmed For A June Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bethesda has announced that a Legendary Edition for Skyrim is currently planned for a June 4th release in US and June 7th in Europe.

skyrimtribox-1024x747.jpg

Today we’re happy to announce plans to release the complete Skyrim collection with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition.

Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on June 4th for $59.99 (European territories will see its release on June 7th), this package includes the most up-to-date version of the original game (employing the 1.9 title update),as well as the game’s three add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragoborn.
More information.

Last edited:
Meh... I'm interested in replaying Skyrim, in up-to-date Skyrim and I really don't want any DLC. At least not yet till I see if the base game finally got the polish.

In any case one can notice that DX:HR, same age as Skyrim, with DLC, without hundreds of bugs, costs 8-10 times less than this "ultimate" Skyrim. Not big enough? Okay then, TW2, also some "ultimate" edition costs 8-10 times less than Skyrim "ultimate".
To each his own, I'm not buying this pack on this $60 price. No, friends with birthdays I'll gift with a cheaper pack DX:HR+TW2 no-bugs-more-fun ultimate editions.

Dragoborn

And here I was thinking that the Game of Thrones licence was safe from Bethesda's greedy fingers. Silly me.

Edit: Okay, its Drogo. My bad.

Last edited:
I still don't have Skyrim yet, so that makes me becoming interested.
I still wonder, however, if there's some Steam in it ?

It's hard to remember but I think they do use Steam for their DRM. It's fairly likely that the box will essentially just contain a number to type into Steam to get you the full game. (Then you promptly go over to Nexus or Steam Workshop and get the Unofficial Patch plus some other cool stuff.)

Joxer - TW2? Two Worlds 2 or The Witcher 2? Or perhaps you're being subtle and trying to imply that either would work.

All Bethesda games have come with Steamworks lately, so I would assume that this is a given.

Also, from this I guess you missed the Gamersgate New Year's sale, where I got my base game.

Would be interested in the PC edition if they dropped steam. Otherwise, I'll probably settle for the 360 version assuming that the DLC is on disc and doesn't require activation.

The original PC version requires Steam, so I'm not optimistic about this.

Steam is becoming almost mandatory for modern PC gaming and that really sucks.

Zloth, I ment The Witcher 2, but you're right, both would work. ;)

Now I just have to wait a bit for this to go on sale for $10 I'm in. Maybe by then I'll have played Oblivion. (Or finished Morrowind, for that matter.)

Being behind the times sure has its advantages.

Would be interested in the PC edition if they dropped steam. Otherwise, I'll probably settle for the 360 version assuming that the DLC is on disc and doesn't require activation.

I'm no fan of steam either and avoid it when I can. But when it comes down to Steam vs no mods for a BGS game, it's not even a question anymore.

Back
Top Bottom