The Witcher 2 - Character Update

Actually its quite closer to the book version of Triss. She is described as not prettier than average girl , but she uses magic and clothing to make herself above the average.

I like it. It's clear we're not dealing with our run-of-the-mill fantasy bimbo, here.

It's funny (and sad) that it's actually *exceptional* for a game studio to make the female lead *not* look entirely like she popped out of Playboy. That said, if that's "not prettier than average," it really is true what they say about Polish women...

If that was the intention, why doesn't the render match the original concept art (to my eyes, anyway)?

Seems very close to my eyes. I must say I quite like what I have seen of the art direction so far.

I like it. It's clear we're not dealing with our run-of-the-mill fantasy bimbo, here.

It's funny (and sad) that it's actually *exceptional* for a game studio to make the female lead *not* look entirely like she popped out of Playboy. That said, if that's "not prettier than average," it really is true what they say about Polish women…

100% agree.
The tendency to depict women that are are supposed to be dynamic as cute high school girls is for me incredibly annoying (especially in films but it seems to be true for all media).
This Triss does seem more like a person with power that someone could fear.

I like Zoltan & Dantelion a lot as well - they seem to have character.

When will women be portrayed as NORMAL people ?

When male-centric developers are gone ?

How normal are the male people ussually in games??

It is the same for movies and games, people will never look "ordinary" and most people don't want them to......

Yes, but I jut want kind of "normal" people ... Sometimes, I get soooo much ired by clichés I'm just dreaming of a "normal" world ... Maybe I should write one, the adventures of a simple farmer or so ...

I think, while looking at the Seven Samurai, or the Manificient Seven, we see there pretty normal people. Except from the heroes, of course. Akira Kurosawa portrayed the normal people - the farmers - even more closely than in the remake(s).

Remembering this movie, I think it is feasible.

To compare the visual director of Alpha Protocol to Akira Kurosawa is like well....... hmm the greatest game heroes to simple farmers :D

To compare the visual director of Alpha Protocol to Akira Kurosawa is like well……. hmm the greatest game heroes to simple farmers :D

Which is unfortunate because I really believe that games do have the potential to offer art as much as Kurosawa.

Also BTW... Triss is most certainly not a "normal" woman to begin with, is she? ;)

If you mean that she is a witch okay but IMO not many forum users would date her for her looks

Tragos, are you serious?

From where I'm at, Triss as depicted here is a very good-looking woman. She's just not a bland, character-less, cookie-cutter-perfect teenage wet dream we're used to seeing in video games.

Tragos, are you serious?

From where I'm at, Triss as depicted here is a very good-looking woman. She's just not a bland, character-less, cookie-cutter-perfect teenage wet dream we're used to seeing in video games.

I will not start a debate over preferences in females but her body is teenagerish and her face late 20's or early 30's , okay she looks more like a woman and less like a girl and maybe this is why everyone is excited .

A very attractive fantasy woman ;)

I've never really cared much about fantasy women, so maybe that's why I don't really care about whether they're "realistic" or not.

I don't remember a single game where it took away from the experience.

But this "natural" look doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I think it's probably a good move if people want to pretend the characters of this game have anything to do with plausible human beings ;)

/sigh, I was hoping she'd be in a leather bikini reinforced by steel studs, breasts bursting forth with the vigor of youth....and lust...

Who said that fantasy must be realistic? I don't "want realism" for the sake of realism. Triss is a fine looking woman. I think its cool that woman characters are looking more like real women instead of teen princesses.

The damsell in distress is getting so old, so more focus on independent women characters is more than welcome. In witcher 1 Shani and Triss were both refreshing women characters because they were both independent and didn't really "need" Geralt in their day to day life. Shani had her healer thing and Triss her sorceress thing. I like that Geralt wasn't the center of their universe and that you had to work for your relationship if you desired it to grow from casual sex to something more serious :). Like decide which one of two ladies should take care of Alvin. I thought that the storyline between shani and triss was very nicely writen.

Back
Top Bottom