Age of Decadence - Bridge Art @ Official Forums

Low magic worlds aren't my cup of tea, but is this garnering any excitement from the fallout crowd? I found Fallout 1 to be a great game but Fallout 2 was tedious.
Does anybody know how long this has been in development? It seems like they're tweaking it to death, but that could be a misconception because it really isn't on my radar that much.

Vd is probably going to pop in, but the game has been in development for a while, I think I first noticed it at least two years ago. It has certainly come a long way graphically, from a butt-ugly 2D game to a decent (if budget) 3D game. The core concept hasn't changed, and that is basically that of creating a high choice and consequence tactical, classic RPG in the Fallout mold. I am not active in the Fallout scene, but I know it gets regular newsposts on NMA, and of course its a center of attention at VD's former homebase, the Codex.
The quest design promises to be outstanding, and the presentation highly decent for an indie effort, so I am quite looking forward to it.

I found Fallout 1 to be a great game but Fallout 2 was tedious.
No arguing here.

Does anybody know how long this has been in development?
We started working on it in Mar 2004.

It seems like they're tweaking it to death...
A game like AoD (non-linear, complex quests with multiple paths, dialogue-heavy, etc) should spend at least 3 years in development, and that's assuming an experienced 10-15 people team working full time. So, we are not tweaking it to death but doing what needs to be done in order to deliver a decent and memorable game.

Screens keep improving, and the world is gaining in authority and presence in consequence. I for one don't mind a long development time if it's actually about the game being built, and not people losing interest/focus and/or drifting off. It's good to have things to anticipate in life. :)

VDweller said:
We started working on it in Mar 2004.
Sweet, we could have a good to great RPG in 2008. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom