Original Sin - Update #15, First Stretch Goal Reached

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With passing the $500K milestone the first stretch goal for Original Sin has been reached. The next goal is at $650K, talents and personal traits.
Besides that lair below the Phantom Forest will get deeper with every 1000 backers.
From now on, for every 1000 backers that we gain, the lair of the monster beneath Phantom Forest will become deeper and deeper. (This means, we start counting at 10'000 backers.) Or in the words of Jan, our writer extraordinaire:
"As you travel onward beyond the woods of Luculla, it doesn't take long to reach the outskirts of Phantom Forest: a vast, towering woodland shunned by almost all that lives. Once entered, a few steps suffice to be engulfed in absolute nocturnal darkness that even the eyes of a cat would have great difficulty in piercing. Armed with a torch one might proceed, but it requires an iron will not to turn and run in fright when beholding the torturously contorted grimaces that seem to slither through every coarsely barked trunk. Dead bodies hang from twisted branches, silent and still, for not even the winds dare penetrate the foreboding canopy of Phantom Forest."
Then there is a video on this:
Like in the previous Divinity games, something seemingly small and trivial can unravel a whole new world in Divinity: Original Sin. Or how one lonely lamenting ghost above ground unlocks an entire society of ghosts living underground... (Minor spoiler alert.)

And in closing they let us know that Kirill's performance is this Thursday and a first fansite is spotted.
More information.

This is wonderful news. Hopefully they can reach one or two more before the end of the kickstarter.

Last edited:
This wonderful news. Hopefully they can reach one or two more before the end of the kickstarter.

Would definitely like to see them hit the $650k goal.

The million dollar goal would be really awesome. The only sad part is that you can't see the sky in an isometric.

I love the idea of having big, hidden areas like that! But how does this all get balanced? If I go in there and gain a lot of power, am I going to out-level other content? The FAQ says monsters don't scale but perhaps encounters will? For instance, a cave with a dozen orcs will become a cave with two dozen orcs?

Edit: Actually, why don't I just ask. I backed the thing, might as well say something!

I really don't understand why people are not backing Original Sin more. The game is great AND almost ready...

The first additional level for the Phantom Forest lair has been reached! According to lar on the KS comments, they have coop live streams set up for the coming days, among others with Total Bisquit, hopefully that will give them a bit of a boost.

Back
Top Bottom