Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

We aren't that good in getting a lively discussion going on this are we?

Besides the NPC and item I am still waiting on the following information that individuals have won. As they don''t know what to take or perhaps have not even responded at all, I will put it before you all and hope there are some with some feedback so we at least have something when I do not get a response from the winners.

Write a Co-op Dialog (personal game)
Sacred_path

Please write the dialogue you would like to have with your partner in the game. If you play in co-op, your friend will also see this message.

Message in a Bottle (personal game)
Kyrer

Please write the message you would like to find in the game in a washed up bottle. If you play in co-op, your friend will also see this message.

Name a Summon
Enhorning
Please choose a name for a summoned creature and specify what type of creature can use this name. You can also write a backstory for the creature. The name you choose will find its way to a pool in the final game. Every time a summoned creature appears in the game, its name will randomly be chosen from this pool. The name you choose will be there for all players to see and shipped with the final game.

Name the Undead
Tomasp3n
Please choose a name for an undead creature. The name you choose will find its way to a pool in the final game. Every time an undead creature appears in the game, its name will randomly be chosen from this pool. The name you choose will be there for all players to see and shipped with the final game.

Design a Henchman
Oelwyn
Please choose a name for a henchman and specify what type of henchman he is. You can also write a backstory for the henchman. The name you choose will find its way to a pool in the final game. Henchmen created by players can then be browsed (and hired) by visiting the interdimensional mercenary's guild.

Feedback on the suggested item and NPC are still welcome as well

Update # 60

… In closing

We still need to fulfill some of the Kickstarter rewards and we wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten. This week for instance the RPGWatch & RPGCodex quest was finalised and we'll soon have news for the people who have rewards like design your henchmen.

Have a great weekend everybody & see you in the global chat!

We have until the 24th to select what we want for the requested above. If we do not converge on things in time, I will make the selection.

I have received an Excel file for the Henchman, with loads of options to fill in. As Oelwyn is not responding I propose to hand this file to HiddenX as our main sponsor who can knock himself out in selecting the propoerties of our Henchman.
Again this needs to be send on the 24th at the latest.

Finally, perhaps we could use Dhruin's name in one of our rewards?

HiddenX, have you played the beta enough to pick skills and such that play well together? If not, drop me a line....

@crpgnut
No - I have no experience with the beta version.

If Oelwyn doesn't want to design a henchman - I would design a female thief/spy/bard type character named Scarlett.
What skills are important for such a character?

@Myrthos
Dhruin would be a perfect undead…
Hope he comes back to this boards in the near future.

If you want to I'm fine with the name of the undead being Dhruin, if you don't find that kind of morbid... ;)

The primary character's name is Scarlett, so that's out. No bard's, but we can do thief/spy kinda. There is a class called a shadowblade that is all about stealth and perception, locks and traps, etc. I'll throw up the choices here in a bit.

You can tweak these and if Oelwyn doesn't reply, we don't lose out. Default class is +1 Dex +2 Int +2 Speed. The have +1 scoundrel, which is the rogue set of skills. +1 to Single-handed for saps, clubs, daggers, etc. +1 Witchcraft for bloodletting spells. +1 Aerothurge, which is air magic and +1 to sneak. We could drop witchcraft and aerothurge if you want more of a spy type class. We could replace those with perhaps archery for a Garrett type from Thief. There are water arrows, fire arrows, poison arrows, etc.

The default talents are leech, which heals you when standing in blood and guerilla, which doubles damage from a sneak attack. We could also drop the +2 Int and go with perception if you want your character to be more like a scout.

Let me know.

Thanks for the input, crpgnut.

I used this stats:

Scarlett - Apprentice Spy / Class: Rogue

Backgrond story - see D:OS thread.

Attributes (distribute 5 points, Base was 5)
STR=5
DEX=8
INT=6
CON=5
SPD=6
PER=5

Abilities: distribute 5 points
Scoundrel=1
Single-Handed=1
Lockpicking=1
Loremaster=1
Lucky Charm=1

Talents: distribute 2 points
Packmule=1
Light Stepper=1

I'm at the hiring hall looking at your character to judge his strengths to join my party:

You can carry so much loot, that pack mule is irrelevant. Unless you have it for story reasons, there is never a reason to have pack mule. It would possibly stop people from picking the henchman because of wasted skills. Also, I don't think Scarlett will be allowed as a name, since that's the name of one of the two protagonists. Go dark blue for hair and call her Sapphire or black and Raven, etc. Just my 2¢. While I have had a character become burdened, I've never had so much loot that my party of four gets overloaded.

Another consideration is that lockpicking is rarely used. Every door can be bashed or burned. Also, you will find gear that will take lockpicking to 3 most of the time without investing a single point in the skill. Loremaster and Lucky Charm are the same way. What Lucky Charm does is give a 1% chance per level for there to be an extra item in a chest. That item is typically not magical or special, just extra. If this was a rare loot game, that would be invaluable, but it doesn't make much of a difference in the game.

Loremaster used to be about identifying monsters and their strengths and weaknesses. They nerfed that though and it is only the ability to identify gear. Loremaster is the most common modifier to rings and necklaces, so you'll have enough to ID items without investing in a skill that does no damage.

Don't take anything out though if you don't want to. Henchmen don't have to be optimal builds. The only reason to tweak is if you really want people to pick your henchman out of the list. Henchmen are different than companions, like Jihaad and Mediocre. They're just at a hiring hall and you pick them up for as long as you need them.

If I pulled up your build at the hall, I wouldn't take the character because they don't have enough damage abilities. I didn't read your background story, because I never do in the game either. I read the stat sheet, that's it. There are people who are looking for roleplaying options, but since henchman don't have any real dialogue….

Last edited:
How do I make sure I'm on whatever list to get rewards? Kinda sucks, I gave 100$ here and 100$ to the KS but can't combine them AND I didn't win a single prize. Boohoo ;)

@Thanks, crpgnut.

I adjusted the chararacter:

Layla - Apprentice Spy / Class: Rogue

STR=5
DEX=8
INT=6
CON=5
SPD=6
PER=5

Scoundrel=1
Single-Handed=1
Sneaking=1
Lockpicking=1
Loremaster=1

My Precious=1
Light Stepper=1

Even if this is not super perfect - I want to roleplay with this char a little bit :)

I must admit that I've lost the overview on what's still to do and what I personally can do - I didn't win a place in the raffle, if I remember correctly, but where are the results of that raffle again ?

Edit : I think it's this ? http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23923

Not to hijack the thread, but is Brian alright?

Not to hijack the thread, but is Brian alright?
Last I heard from him in the private staff forum he had a few personal problems, and never said when he would be back. That's all I can say on the matter.:)

Layla - Apprentice Spy / Class: Rogue

STR=5
DEX=8
INT=6
CON=5
SPD=6
PER=5

Scoundrel=1
Single-Handed=1
Sneaking=1
Lockpicking=1
Loremaster=1

My Precious=1
Light Stepper=1

I made Layla a level 1 character.
Question: henchman level up, too - right?
So everybody can develop this character on his own.

If henchmen don't level up - I can set her to a higher level and distribute more stats, skills and talents.

I cant seem to find my payment in paypal. Myrthos can you check to see if i paid anything to the fundraiser? Odd.

I know what everybody paid. If you have physical rewards I asked for your address (both e-mail and regular mail). If you only have digital rewards your paypal account e-mail is your e-mail address.
There is nothing to receive at the moment, so be patient.

I will make sure that each and everyone gets their rewards. At the moment there are no actions required of you. If there are I'll let you know.

If you like to have an overview of who won what. Here it is:
DOS Overview.jpg

Note that several people indicated not to want some of the rewards. These were thrown in a big pool and given to others who wanted them. In addition some people traded rewards with each other, which is why there might be some oddities in the list.

Finally, I know the sizes of the T-shirts, I just removed the sizes here ;)

Back
Top Bottom